"nice hand" is annoying

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is. I really enjoyed using it today when you totally showed your no-class a** at the CardsChat PokerNordica freeroll. For someone who plays as badly as you, I can't recommend strongly enough that you turn your OWN chat off. You won't be able to embarrass yourself that way. Except, of course, with the cards. Can't have everything, I guess.

Say what you mean, RJ, no need to be so circumspect. ;)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right -

Don't be rude - it's rude
Spell correctly - if you don't it's wrong
Don't talk about stupid stuff - it winds people up
and now
Don't be polite - it's annoying

:rolleyes: :)

V

VinnieMac3601

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not the nh or the ty that gets to me... its the yw that follows lol. do you really have to be THAT corny......er, polite?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm...I'd be interested to know if Bombjack still feels this same way as he did when he made this post over 13 months ago? Be interesting to hear.

D

Dragnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was posted 13 months ago!!! :eek:

Looking more closely at the dates RammerJammer has something to answer for, talk about a vendetta!:hmmmm2:

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm...I'd be interested to know if Bombjack still feels this same way as he did when he made this post over 13 months ago? Be interesting to hear.
I do, but not quite as strongly as before.

Stupid bump.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post.:rolleyes:

I generally say "nh" when someone showed a hand that wasn't called to the river to encourage them to show me more cards for free.
:icon_porc

drgilbert4

drgilbert4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it when people say nh to me because it usually indicates me raking in a pile of chips!!

V

VinnieMac3601

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holy ressurected thread batman! I just noticed youre right, this thread is over a year old!!

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking more closely at the dates RammerJammer has something to answer for, talk about a vendetta!:hmmmm2:
It was the only post ever made by the jackleg who teed me off at the table and prompted the retort. Ironically, his lone submission happened to be on the subject of chat etiquette. Nice, huh?

Rather than feel that I have "something to answer for", I would submit that it's a perfect example of the types who all-too-often sit at our freeroll tables. Fourteen months on the membership roles, and one lame post? But we don't need to tighten up our entry requirements? That gets my :hmmmm2:.

F

furvs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say that I do say (nh) altough the guy got lucky, it seems to me like a polite thing but every opinion is valid here.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alot of times I think that people say NH simply to get your goat. Same reason some players give you hell even if you did do the right thing. They know you made a good play..but if they can get to ya they will try.

oluaris

oluaris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when someone sucks out, i just say "ouch"...

it usually gets a "lol" from the pot winner
and a "#$?*" from the loser

shawn-me5

shawn-me5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When do type Nice hand. I mean it and I have the time to type it out.

S

sanket

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it annoying as well, I mean, do you NEED to post "nh"? When I have a nice hand, I already KNOW I have a nice hand, instead of telling me nice hand I'd rather have people telling me I PLAYED a hand well. :p

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you would rather see a WP than a NH. The trouble is W and P are on different ends of the keyboard. I can get NH with one hoof. :icon_porc

S

Seneku

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that someone saying thanks after winning a pot without anyone complimenting them on their play is a LOT worse than saying nh. Just now I flopped a FH against trips and he made quads after we were allin on the flop. Now instead of just being quiet or even apologising for the suckout he said tanks (yeah, he even spelled it wrong). Like I was giving him money out of generosity or something. I'm really annoyed by this kind of behaviour. Sorry about hijacking this thread, just wanted to vent :D.

mrrigel

mrrigel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being as dashingly good looking as I am...I find any compliment to any part of my body (even my hands) to be completely justified.

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I don't mind it when someone plays a hand really well, and gets a congratulatory "nh" because they employed some cunning tactic to extract a vast amount of chips from their opponent. What really gets my goat is when people chime in with "vvnh" just because they happened to end up with four of a kind, Aces full or a straight flush etc.

Typical example:

VILLAIN wins $51.08 from the main pot with aces full of sevens.

Cue sage nods.

nh

vvnh

Bombjack:
no it wasn't, it was a terrible hand
he was all-in with 2 pair on the turn after being raised by trip kings on the flop, then sucked out when one of his four outs hit on the river

My comments are rarely appreciated for their true value.

:frown:

Everyone to there own

M

MississippiMud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone says "nh" to me I usually reply with "ydkwthyatayd" or some derivative of. It "almost" annoys me that folks are in such a hurry they don't just say what they mean.

For the longest time I thought "nh" stood for knucklehead. Then I remembered the "k" I still had to ask what it meant.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands