Is multitabling the only way to truly make bank?

zoy4749

zoy4749

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
most often I have 4 open tables and this is enough to be in the black.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree that can increase profit by grinding multiple tables (whether MTT or Cash). It allows an increase in overall profit but you probably reduce ROI per table compared to grinding one or two tables. I would look at HUD to give a quick sample shot of the main stat for the player. I would start lower stake than you normally play.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
today my Not crashed when I was playing on 6 tables, two on PS and four on 888, I ended up with two and in the end one table just got to the bubble and took some change, the bad thing is that when I play on 888, everything crashes

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
With many tables you can make more money. Better Player just win over average but not always. But you need a Computer with a large size to See all tables well. But notice - If you are an non professional you can loose your money fester as well!

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW... Got a lot of replies already? Nice!

And there's so much knowledge. I can see that there's an comunal agreement that it's only profitable if you have the skills for it.

As I learned you should start with few tables, 3 is more than enough for starters.

Another thing is... Having a HUD and of course, knowing how to use it.

Play the same game in all tables (no NLH 6max + Full ring tourneys + PLO).

At first have all tables tilled (side by side) so you can track the action instead of staking them and maybe with practice you'll get to stack them.

And with practice you may get to increase the amount of tables.

Anyone?

Thank you all for the replies.

Last edited:
YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
today my Not crashed when I was playing on 6 tables, two on PS and four on 888, I ended up with two and in the end one table just got to the bubble and took some change, the bad thing is that when I play on 888, everything crashes
Not a big fan of 888 but i do play it cause of the freerolls. But I've been thinking about transferring the next prizes I'll make at it to PS. I'm a sucker for PS architecture.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what kind of money you mean but you're not going to be able to make a good living unless you're multi-tabling.

You can go on some absolutely disgusting 1000 + game downswings in MTTs in games you have a fairly high level of ROI in. As Dan "Jungleman" Cates says, Volume cures variance

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I've read and heard that multitabbling is THE WAY to profit with poker.
Is it really?
Anyone disagree?
I agree because the return you get from tournaments is greater.for example.if I bet $1 in a multi table tournament I have the possibility to win 🏆 maybe 🤔 100 times your money.I only risk $1 but in cash games you risk $1 to make a $1 and if you dubbed up now your risking $2 to win $2 and so on you can get lucky and go on a run were you can’t lose and run it up to $15 with a $1 but cash games are more risky.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Is it really?
Anyone disagree?
I think it’s better to play at one table and give all your attention to one table so that you don’t get distracted by others, as they say, you will run after two hares and you won’t catch a single one

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that its depends of the player. In my opinion you must play the tables that you can pay 100% attention. You must be concentrated all the time in all tables. Maybe you can play only one MTT and earn a lot of money. 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To some extent they are right. more tables more options, but also not having many tables, because then you can lose track of the game, for my part I like to play no more than 4 tables simultaneously, you have to be very fast and be careful, why else can you lose it all..

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it really?
Anyone disagree?

I disagree.

I play on average only 1 or 2 games at a time, and I'm doing quite well. ;)

It's also more fun (for me) to only play a couple games at a time. I enjoy really getting into my reads. :)

japangod87

japangod87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I don't know how to make money on the account, but for me personally, playing at several tables does not give me time to make mistakes. Because if I play 1 table, I start drawing myself inadequate actions

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you want more volume, play Zoom. That is what I do, and it is all happening on one table. I haven't tried two table Zoom yet.

"I disagree.

It's also more fun (for me) to only play a couple games at a time. I enjoy really getting into my reads. :)"

You do amazingly well dude.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so, I won playing spin go playing only 1 table, because I don't think the amount matters at the beginning

D

DrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it really?
Anyone disagree?

It's just multiplying your win rate/returns. As long as it only marginally effects your game play and the tables are available to play it will be beneficial for you to multitable.

D

DrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want more volume, play Zoom. That is what I do, and it is all happening on one table. I haven't tried two table Zoom yet.

"I disagree.

It's also more fun (for me) to only play a couple games at a time. I enjoy really getting into my reads. :)"

You do amazingly well dude.

Zoom is great, but players tend to play a lot tighter preflop so I prefer to multi-table. Ideally you want recreationally players playing a wider range pre-flop so their mistakes are compounded on subsequent streets.