Most ive lost in 1 day: a lot

I think thats -EV

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought the vast majority of poker players lose - this forum must be full of all the small minority of winners ;-)
Long term i suppose the average poker player loses, but almost all players are going to have won more than they have lost in a day, it's just that the wins are less common than the losses.

My biggest day win (came in 1 event) was $2,100, my biggest loss IRO $200 (i'd never lose more than $500 or so because i'll never keep my poker bankroll above that level).

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought the vast majority of poker players lose - this forum must be full of all the small minority of winners ;-)

We have been through this before in past posts. Most of the players on this site will play to a high standard - in my case u don`t post nearly 700 times without picking something up :D

Mine, online only

$4,200 - Ladbrokes ($25 buyin I think, first place)

Loss - $200, ring game - I never let myself lose more. This is something I have learnt via this site. (I don`t play ring games now either!!!)

One of the famous poker players, Harrington I think, said, words to the effect of "If you start the day with $200 and you lose $100, don`t try to win it back and get even. At that stage you are even!!!"

In a round about way, I think he is saying "the best case scenario is you get your money back. But because you put yourself under pressure you are more than likely gonna lose the remaining $100. So if u quit now you are even (If that make sense???)

R

RJB07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most ive won in one day was actually my first day at pokerstars
Played 2 tournaments made one final table and cashed the other and made a profit of $150. Not as impressive as some of you guys lol.

Most ive lost is about $70 in ring games.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most won $1,000 (tourney win) - ring game around $300-350

Most lost $200 - 250

I would stop then for that day as i would only be chasing to claim back any losses (bad idea)

I have quite often lost 100+ (bad beat or call etc) but then ground it out to end the day even or close to it