The most profitable online poker game

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys🖐
Have anyone made a huge profit playing a specific online poker game? Like raised 5k playing only cash or MTT's...
I would like to know if that's even possible mastering one game and make a good amount of $ in it☺️

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is definitely possible, and you can look at the leaderboards on a site like sharkscope to see players who have specialized in one type of tournament format and made good money each year.

I'd recommend focusing on a specific game that you really enjoy. If it's one which has lower swings, like 9-man SNG, that's ideal. Learn it as well as you can and put in a good volume starting at micro stakes. That is the best way to make consistent money at poker.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it's possible. But it comes not in one day. It also depends what buyins are you gonna play. To become a solid player to earn solid money you need to have good experience which means that you will also lose at the beginning.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i think nl zoom is the most profitable game, u can play lot of hands and lot tables than u can improove faster

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely possible, and you can look at the leaderboards on a site like Sharkscope to see players who have specialized in one type of tournament format and made good money each year.

I'd recommend focusing on a specific game that you really enjoy. If it's one which has lower swings, like 9-man SNG, that's ideal. Learn it as well as you can and put in a good volume starting at micro stakes. That is the best way to make consistent money at poker.

i agree. find what you're good at and what you enjoy. spend time doing that and trying to improve.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys��
Have anyone made a huge profit playing a specific online poker game? Like raised 5k playing only cash or MTT's...
I would like to know if that's even possible mastering one game and make a good amount of $ in it☺️

Everybody is different do what works best for you yes many on the forum will make large 4 or 5 figure scores at times,
I like to mix it up personally play odd bit of Omaha spin and gos,sit and gos,cash games and tournaments find it dull playing the same game over and over feels like going up and down like a Yoyo at times that is just me personally though.
By changing sites and games also goals and targets even and mixing it up I find it works better keeping me interested and alert but every different game you play you must spend time studying it and adapting to those differences.
A lot of money or profit and that dreaded word loss is available on every different type of poker game measuring risk versus reward balances out roughly between games although some value added or overlay games are exception to this and what you should aim to play regularly.
The most profitable game keeping this in mind is freerolls as they are just +EV all year long and you can not lose unlike other games in my opinion.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It has more insurance benefits, there is no travel, there are no hotels, restaurants, and all the expenses generated by leaving your home to the place of the tournament.
Online you just have to go to your pc and start playing!:cool:

O

Oli3579

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say MTTs have the most potential for profit but being able to beat medium stakes cash games first would give you a huge advantage before starting to play more Mtts

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a huge profit playing HU and Omaha 8.. more than 5k.

I cash out and i come to this site, so i can grind again, i need to have at least $100 so i can grind back

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing I won 1 to 2k a few times in a few days. some 1 to 2k tournaments too. Over time, the game became more competitive, new players appear every day and everyone is constantly evolving, whoever doesn't adapt ends up being left behind.

Top 10 Games