Most important online nickel since 2011.

W

Well Enuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, I am absolutely STOKED! I made money playing poker for the first time since Poker Black Friday in 2011!

Almost 10 years I haven't moved any money online.
But today I won $.06 on ACR.

OK. Sorry that is a little over the top but I'm very happy to be back.

I came here to Cardschat about 10 days ago and thank you all for sharing here. I was looking for a way to have some fun w/ online poker besides the play money.

Here is a summary of the game followed by a few question I hope you can help me out. with.

The tourney was a freeroll on American Card Room. I finally got their software downloaded and installed. I found a freeroll paying out $50 and fired it up.

Took a few hands to get used to the display and adjusting bets and reviewing action etc.
Early in the game there was a LOT of time waiting for absent players to be clocked off.
After about 10 minutes or so the pace picked up.

My main problem was that my computer would freeze up or the connection went unreliable but it come back in 15 seconds to a minute. I'd miss a few hands. Some of them when I had good pocket pairs that I wanted to play.

Once when I had AA it went down and I was STEAMED... but I sort of became unsteamed when player to my left won the pot w/ AK and made the nut straight.

So at the end, out of 800+ players I made 188th for $.06 .
I saw that they were going to pay 234 places and when the bubble broke I was in 140.
I may have made it deeper but after 1:15 into the tourney I got a call for an accident I needed to investigate. So I played 2 more hands. Won the first and busted on the 2nd.

Now for the help I need.

1. Any advice about improving the reliability of the connection. For instance, do you think it would make any difference if I closed down my browser windows before I start?

2. When I signed up my ACR screen name came out as WELLENUFF. I would prefer it to be displayed as it is here at CC. Well Enuff. Can that be edited or is there some administrator that can change it?

3. I'm not going to cash out my first nickel. But should I be fortunate enuff to make a couple of hundred dollars over the next 10 years what do you think is the best way of handling it? Please not Bitcoin. [I'm so old I could still get Silver Dollars at the bank that were made out of silver.]

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
cool history, congrats
Cardschat offers many freeroll for american players, you only need to be active member and make quality posts to participate!

CardsChat Freerolls & Tournament Access Info

1. about the connection, the browser has no interference in the ACR software (only if you're download something)

2. I don't know about that, you can ask in this thread

Official ACR Thread

3. I don't play in ACR, sorry