Misclicking.

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean

and that's the reason why I like to play on laptop or pc.
Multiple tables are so scetchy on a mobile device...
It's easyer on the big screen and the switching is easyer.

Maybe play only one table on the phone like me.
This doesn't suck you and is more stressless.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I want to forget these misclick stories , only try to take decisions so as never to happen again in the future . I had these times deep ITM , I had such times in consecutive order , one after the other , which is very frustrating , I had them in cash games , I had them in tournaments . Only nce on spin n go , I left the game then frustrated . The biggest problem was when I chose some letters , very usually used in chat , for instant bet actions !!! Now this problem has been solved , cause instant bet I have only for ALLIN , FOLD , CALL , very far from the most keys of the keyboard . All others are set bet to a specific ammount , so even if I make the mistake , I still have to press the bet button manually , so many times , innumerable times this has saved me last months . Then I deactivate the Hotkey button and I start chating , while I set the right bet amount , correcting the previous one . This on Stars . On other pokerrooms very rarelly happens , almost never :)

crazydogg666

crazydogg666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 90% on PC, try to avoid missclick, but it rarely happens especially when you minimize the poker client.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just a few hours ago, playing two games and having other media open (music and You Tube) I flopped the nut straight (Dolly Parton 9 to 5) at a crucial juncture and clicked all-in. I then returned to the other game for some seconds, reverted back to the nut straight to see I had somehow folded the hand rather than clicking all-in.

The big stack bet heavy and bullied all off the pot by the river pretending to have my hand....I was furious with myself for some time.

Unfortunately not the first and it won't be the last time.

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once got distracted by something while on the river and accidentally dropped a winning combination. Although there was already a big pot on the flop and my opponent was ready to lose his stack. But instead of calling his ollin I pressed fold

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if my English is good enough to tell a story, but I can say that I hate when that happens to me.

You have to be patient and not touch the mouse until you have the button on the screen.

If you play multiple games simultaneously, try to have the windows in different positions

N

Nuts2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We've all done it once or twice in our lives, be it by playing multiple tables, or getting distracted by something IRL, misclicking sucks!

I usually play poker on my phone, and playing multiple tables is rather tricky on a mobile device, since a table pops up immediately when you have action, and if you're unlucky enough to be clicking the "check" box in one table, but before you do that, another table pops up and you'll end up calling a bet you had no intention of calling. That's why I avoid playing multiple on mobile phone, and if I absolutely have to, I tend to play as careful as possible.

Anyway, I was playing two tables, I had 72o with no intention of calling, and a good hand in the other table, but the table pop up at the wrong moment, and I ended up calling an all in bet, and managed to lose about 90% of my stack, and about 75% of my soul, and 100% of my sanity.

Do you have any intersteing misclick stories?
Mobile devices and tablets are the worst. Im always fumbling them and accidentally hitting the wrong button. Has worked out a few times, but usually it just disgusts me.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many times it happened when you play a lot of tables.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's why I prefer to play on my PC when I have multi table just to avoid misclicking.

Dale Kirk

Dale Kirk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple times pocket AAs once then pocket QQs. I was so pissed about the AAs because I touched nothing. Idk what happened.

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once i folded nuts on the turn ,becouse my timebank was over.I was so upset,becouse it was 6 max 100 dollar hyer turbo torunament with 4 peple left.

P

Patchco89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've folded premium hands accidentally that way. Not as painful as misclicking a bad call, but painful nonetheless, especially if the you would've ended up flopping the nuts.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me a few times,but luckily for me it was in freerolls,so I didn't lose any money.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst for me is shoving (full stack) when I meant to just do a regular raise. I do a lot of manually entered bet amounts. This is very easy to do on pokerstars, but not so much on some other sites that I play. It's not a mis-click, since I'm doing exactly what I intended to do, but I do it very quickly and don't realize that the software is not doing what I expect it to do till it's too late. The end result can be embarrassing.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never happened to me. I try to be very careful with this things.

dunc1189

dunc1189

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did this - called an all-in on the bubble and went out. Been very careful since then.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst kind of misclick to me is when you click on one table just as another pops up above in the right spot ... Has happened like three times to me

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me when i'm playing in the tablets, i play 2 tables at the same time and i have the "change tables automatically " on, so yes i have some misscliks in time to time.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well....always hapend when i play on the phone and i try to chat. Last time happend on cash table i called allin preflop 3$ with 8 3.

B

BJWilkins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
happened to me too

had that happen just yesterday, I was playing one game and multi tasking , got pockets JJ ,didn't noticed another game popped up , made my hefty raise on the new table with 9-7 off suit,

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that 99% of the players have one or more stories about misclicking 😬 For me is probably make this when you are playing a lot of tables for a long time.

Sorry for my english 🙂

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few days ago, I was playiyng a pot of 250,000 and I wanted bet 125,000 but I typed 1,250,000. Thanks God everybody folded because I had a really bad hand. I will be more careful on next tournaments. :p

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone saying their stories about misclick while playing multiple tables.
And ive done it a couple of times last week while playing a single table.
One time I get burned uggly... but okay, thats part of bussiness, right

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Misclicking happened once luckily it did not affect my stack too much.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not me per say: but this forum thread reminds me of a televised high stakes game I saw on tv. Daniel Negreanu just made a bit bet and his opponent was reasoning out loud "why would you bet so big?" and Negreanu just looked up calmly and jokingly said "misclick?"
Yeah, this was a LIVE game and he clearly intended the bet size he made. His personality is funny; great for poker :D