Misclicking.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We've all done it once or twice in our lives, be it by playing multiple tables, or getting distracted by something IRL, misclicking sucks!

I usually play poker on my phone, and playing multiple tables is rather tricky on a mobile device, since a table pops up immediately when you have action, and if you're unlucky enough to be clicking the "check" box in one table, but before you do that, another table pops up and you'll end up calling a bet you had no intention of calling. That's why I avoid playing multiple on mobile phone, and if I absolutely have to, I tend to play as careful as possible.

Anyway, I was playing two tables, I had 72o with no intention of calling, and a good hand in the other table, but the table pop up at the wrong moment, and I ended up calling an all in bet, and managed to lose about 90% of my stack, and about 75% of my soul, and 100% of my sanity.

Do you have any intersteing misclick stories?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play at several tables for a long time (more than 4 hours), you begin to lose concentration and attentiveness. Once, having AA in my hands and playing for more than 6 hours, I automatically clicked to fold! The flop was an ace))))))

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 25 nl.... so when I type in my bet amount I type .75 (for example) but every so often I'll press the (.) So lightly it doesn't come through and I remember I was on a down swing but after a couple of hours of grinding I was back up to just under evens and got my 25 up to 83 and wanted to bet 98 cent into something but the (.) Didn't input and I ended up all in on a ridiculous river bluff... they ended up folding thankfully but when that first time bank ran out all I was thinking was Joe much of a waste of a day it was if this person calls I was so nervous! Needless to say I double check now as to which amount I'm betting!
Lucky escape!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On mobile device it is especially problematic as you mention. It is even worse if there is high amount of sitout players on one of the tables making it to constantly switch and distract you from the other table. :)

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, when i play 3 tables at a time. I've lost both tables because i accidentally click All in on the wrong table with weaker hands, and got time out on the other table with 100% win in the river.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 4 tables as the most on mobile and I was in sattelite games. I was on the table with 86o and just i was ready to press the fold button before my actual turn, the other sattelite popped up with AA but I folded that so annoying when I was intending to fold the 86o hand. Next time I play multi sattelites I wait until it is my actual turn to act then I play.

H3kf

H3kf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was yesterday, I wanted to call (100) but my enemy pressed all in, and I pressed call (3500) (I lost)

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's happened to me a lot of times when playing multiple games. I need to find a solution as to where to place tables so one doesn't pop up on top of the other with the buttons under the mouse pointer. Worse I find is zoom games where you get in a habit of playing fast to get a new table when you hold crap, only to auto click the fold button when you're holding AA.

There are a few other things that I think poker sites are crafty with. Rebuys in particular default to the rebuy option rather than the leave. If I'm doing something else like typing and hit the enter key at the wrong moment it rebuys back in. The default should be leave. It's even worse if this is a freeroll with rebuys which I think is ridiculous.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
misclick opened a pot to 6100 instead of 610 when blinds were 100/200 and I had a 7K stack.

called off jam with 86s < JJ. had a good laugh.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually just misclicked for $50 which ended us heads up . 10 3 Os on the button . Flop comes 2 4 5 rainbow and a check from both turn comes 6 he bets out $60 ..I re-raised because im certain he obviously wasn't holding me to a 3 or 78 and I knew he wasn't holding 78 … he calls. river comes big money King. Jams the rest no hesitation , I snap call. He had Trip kings. He of course was not to pleased that I donked in with donkyish of donkey hand. I of course told him it was a mis clicked and it was just dumb luck....He then in turn said "anybody with a trump avatar is a total donk anyways so don't even bother explaining" ...Don't think we will ever be friends

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everybody has such stories)

But the best way is to play on PC or notebook.
Cos this way you have big buttons and usual mouse)

I hate play on phone(((

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes people complain about the opponent's poor performance. Why their AA lost 72. But no one thinks that the opponent could have made a successful misclick. A random call is rarely the best hand on the flop, but it does happen.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We've all done it once or twice in our lives, be it by playing multiple tables, or getting distracted by something IRL, misclicking sucks!

I usually play poker on my phone, and playing multiple tables is rather tricky on a mobile device, since a table pops up immediately when you have action, and if you're unlucky enough to be clicking the "check" box in one table, but before you do that, another table pops up and you'll end up calling a bet you had no intention of calling. That's why I avoid playing multiple on mobile phone, and if I absolutely have to, I tend to play as careful as possible.

Anyway, I was playing two tables, I had 72o with no intention of calling, and a good hand in the other table, but the table pop up at the wrong moment, and I ended up calling an all in bet, and managed to lose about 90% of my stack, and about 75% of my soul, and 100% of my sanity.

I misclicked AJo (min 3b) flop gives me top two and the player was an unknown I used it to my advantage the player probably thought I was a fish so I pot pot f/t overbet jam R. he tank calls with TT's when the t/r was bricks probably a bad player himself but I just think what would a reg think I would do here If I was a fish

like if you flop trips in a misclick min 3bp just go for it x/jam flop I would take some wacky lines after seeing that hand I just talked about probably dont work against players who know you though

but try not to misclick

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I also play on mobile phone and yes it is not good to play on more tables because you do not see what is happening on the other tables.
In addition, it happened to me that I wanted to push for a quick fold and another table jumped on this where the all-in call ended.

F

FrantiJanicek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I misclicked AJo (min 3b) flop gives me top two and the player was an unknown I used it to my advantage the player probably thought I was a fish so I pot pot f/t overbet jam R. he tank calls with TT's when the t/r was bricks probably a bad player himself but I just think what would a reg think I would do here If I was a fish

like if you flop trips in a misclick min 3bp just go for it x/jam flop I would take some wacky lines after seeing that hand I just talked about probably dont work against players who know you though

but try not to misclick

I had it. I decided that this was a glitch, and restarted the game. This did not happen again.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
misclick opened a pot to 6100 instead of 610 when blinds were 100/200 and I had a 7K stack.

called off jam with 86s < JJ. had a good laugh.

Very similar to this. Except I flopped a pair, and turned three of a kind. Was about to lose my mind before I paired on the flop. Felt so guilty when I made trips on the turn that I just check/called the whole way, instead of trying punish. But the feeling passed. I've had people call me, and end up cracking a solid hand with garbage plenty of times. And I suspect that that the majority of those weren't misclicks.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've also done the one where I see a player make a raise in early position and then look away. Then I hear the audio cue indicating that it's my turn to act. It's only after I click call and see many more chips than I expected being slid into the pot in front of me that I realize that another player has made a big 3-bet behind the original raiser. I don't know if that falls into the category of being a misclick. It should probably go under dumbassery for not paying attention.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very similar to this. Except I flopped a pair, and turned three of a kind. Was about to lose my mind before I paired on the flop. Felt so guilty when I made trips on the turn that I just check/called the whole way, instead of trying punish. But the feeling passed. I've had people call me, and end up cracking a solid hand with garbage plenty of times. And I suspect that that the majority of those weren't misclicks.
i would've have gone for max value.

who cares why you play the hands you do, misclick or not. you don't owe anyone an explanation for how you choose to play and if other players don't like it, tough.

i can't tell you how many questionable plays i've made that others didn't like. like when i had j5o in the bb facing an utg jam and 3 calls. I had J5o with ~11 bbs and called just because, if i won, i'd have ~45 bbs. it was a re-entry mtt and i was prepared to re-enter if i lost. i was already trying to find a spot to get it in and double up, but i was presented with a spot to quadruple up and i decided not to pass it up. obviously the call isn't great but i took the risk and was comfortable with doing so. i ended up winning and cracking ak, qq in the process.

not saying that jamming j5o vs 4 effective all-ins is an amazing play, because it isn't. i'm just saying do what you want to do and who cares what others think. to be honest, it has helped me a lot not being concerned about what others think at the table. i don't to be thinking 'well, i shouldn't 3bet jam here because it's not a great hand and i don't people thinking i'm a donkey playing like this, so i'll just fold and wait for a better spot.' forget that.

Last edited:
edgarpm

edgarpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it sucks a lot i prefer config with keyboard

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Meant to enter a 25 cent spin and go yesterday clicked the flash one thinking the stake would be what I last played on the normal version but no it was 5 dollars
Lost to the monster hand k8 off

Going to start playing the normal sit and goes ..

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we've all done that before.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in front of the prizes I got a hand AK pre-flop I raised, hitting the king on the flop instead of raising, I clicked and checked, and eventually I flew out of the tournament losing to thrips

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Just as and FYI there may be a setting you can disable that automatically switches you over to the active hand. This function exists on Betonline's software. Not sure what you're using but worth looking into.