micro buyins and sngs etc

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was just wondering what people thought about low buyin games where theres many players and half the field is all in basically from the first hand.

i mean it just seems like lotto sometimes and does anyone get annoyed with it?
i know i do lolol

please share your thoughts on the subject

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these limits can be passed quite quickly, but here you need to ignore the variance and play a lot, then there will be a positive result

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL its going to happen at all levels of play chip players or micro limits so don't worry about it . Focus on a strategy that makes you feel more comfortable playing against those folks. I used to hate playing folks that were uber aggressive awhile ago but now since I see them so often, I mean, I'm just so used to them now and know how to deal with them that it doesn't matter. You've seen them, they're going all in with blinds of 15/30 without an ante and 2500 starting chips or something like 50 BBs because they have no clue what a starting hand is and how to play, lol.

All I can tell you is again learn to play against their style. Poker is all about catching folks when they make mistakes and that type of player is certain to make many, many mistakes.

Last edited:
Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, there are a lot of loose players on micro limits, they play a lot of hands, and they play any cards. At first glance, it may seem that it is difficult to play with such players, but it is not so)), the tactics against them are simple, you play very tight and very patiently and you will have a stable profit.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation is par for the course these days, but it's part of poker and there's nothing you can do about it. That's also the beauty of poker.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i was just wondering what people thought about low buyin games where theres many players and half the field is all in basically from the first hand.

i mean it just seems like lotto sometimes and does anyone get annoyed with it?
i know i do lolol

please share your thoughts on the subject
Might I suggest playing a different game. Perhaps a limit or pot-limit game, one where pot-control is much more achievable. Trust me, I know all-in poker can make your brain crack, at times. Go play a game w/an alternative betting situation where players are forced to play poker instead of chicken. :top:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Well what exactly are those games? I have played a lot in the micros, and it seems to me, that whenever someone is making this kind of claim, its usually a wild exaggeration. The only games, I can think of, which actually fit this description somewhat, is when I was playing on Zynga Poker play money table many years ago, and even there it was only the lowest limits.

So what this really points towards for me is, what I would call the classic "bad reg symdrom". People, who are serious about the game but also relative beginners, often cant figure out how to handle players, who are somewhat loose and wild, because they are just playing for fun. And then you get this "maybe I should move up, where they respect my raises" idea, which is as old as poker itself.