Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
I would like to know, how is your bankroll looks like?
Especialy, how many Buy-ins do you have to have to go on higher stakes?

I'm low stakes player, usually I'm playing lowest buy-ins cash games and freerolls.
How do you manage your bankroll? Do you have any system, or it goes how you feel?

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30-40 buy-ins are enough for me now for limit poker, of course, now it has become much more aggressive) if you take tournament buy-ins, then I think it will need more than 50-60 approximately

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, the system as a whole is simple - you just need to win) but it doesn’t always work out, and it’s desirable to play with a bankroll, although in cash sometimes you can afford to go for higher limits, especially when you feel that you are in an upstreak

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what a bankroll is and how to manage it, what kind of bankroll is needed to play at different limits, I know how important it is to follow these rules, but............. I never adhere to these rules :D
To start playing cash at a certain limit, a bankroll of 5-6 buy-ins of this limit is enough for me, and this is quite enough for a comfortable game, this is because I play only one table.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am mostly a tournament player now, but when I played cash I generally always had at least 30 times the full buyin in my bankroll. So for 5NL at least 150$, for 10NL at least 300$ and so on. I did sometimes take "shots" though especially with these lower limits, and often its more important to lay out rules for, when to move down, than when to move up. If you have lost a substantial percentage of your bankroll like 30-40%, then move down regardless what your "rules" say. It stops the bleeding and allow you to play with more confidence against softer competition. Best of luck :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my game, I use Chris Ferguson's bankroll management rules. A minimum of 100 buyins is required to move up the limits for me.

B

Boo02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I calculate my bankroll for specific game. (I'm playing MTT ant sits) I also take into account my playing comfort. I think it's also very important.

To small stakes -> My game is usually too loose.
Too high -> Too much pressure, too tight.

Soo sometimes, I go level higher even though bankroll management doesn't allow it yet.

But i never play for less than 10 BB ;) Usually 20-50bb.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important bankroll management is avoid tilt!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a bankroll rule that clearly states the rules for using a bankroll. Find these rules on the Internet and it will be easier for you to play.

Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great answers guys, I appreciate that. I Don't want to make poker my major income, so I think that higher amount of buy-ins will suit me. I Don't want to rush :)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think my mistake is anxiety, because I always get lost when managing my bankroll, and I end up going into high limits and ending up losing all my money!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bankroll management is like a lot of theories and concepts: it looks great on paper. Applying it is a discipline unto itself and can be quite elusive. One rule is not to play w/more than 10% of your current bankroll per session. Some might say 5%. Either way that's the idea. As far as moving up that's a good question. I believe it's up to the player and how much they feel comfortable playing with. If you have $500 in your hand and look at a card table and your mouth salivates then you should go invest in the game. If you have that same $500 and look at your late credit card bill and sigh but still feel relieved that you can pay it then you should pay the bill. Your mind needs to be free of all worry when playing this game, imo. :cool:

Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll management is like a lot of theories and concepts: it looks great on paper. Applying it is a discipline unto itself and can be quite elusive. One rule is not to play w/more than 10% of your current bankroll per session. Some might say 5%. Either way that's the idea. As far as moving up that's a good question. I believe it's up to the player and how much they feel comfortable playing with. If you have $500 in your hand and look at a card table and your mouth salivates then you should go invest in the game. If you have that same $500 and look at your late credit card bill and sigh but still feel relieved that you can pay it then you should pay the bill. Your mind needs to be free of all worry when playing this game, imo. :cool:

It's look like great answer :) For now, the amount I have invested in the game have doubled, SO I think that I won't increase that amount and I will see if I can increase the playing cash with only playing :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management