Making a living playing online

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For myself at this point, I realized one thing - to make money in online poker specifically is not given to me yet, maybe someday in the distant future and not the fact. Play just for fun. In online poker, a lot of things that depend not only on you, but also on luck, so the earnings will also be. If you're lucky in life, only forward)

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old thread & old question.
My answer is NEVER.
Online poker is rigged, maybe not always against you, you simply cant trust a site that has kicked you out for many times with funky endings just to end you out as your source of living !

J

JaanRaio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my dream is this , one day i play only poker for living, but now i have to do some other works too to sty liveing

L

local_patriot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried giving a full time online grinding ZOOM chance with a decent roll, but, it went downhill cause of no study sessions and bad life habits. Nowadays if I'd start all over I'd try with MTT's for sure. 200 BuyIns and a LOT of STUDYING ;);):p:p

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really hard to make a living out of poker, you need to study, play a lot. I think good mid stakes player can easily make living out of it. There are people who aren't that good on poker but they stream on twitch and get bonus earnings.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to you. you need the right attitude, Luck and skill to pull it off. It must be
possible though

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hello! I play in free tournaments, gain experience, the next move is around the corner ...

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Making a living is not planned, but as a part ... I was quite happy, then time will tell

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker room can allow us to win once, and it earns on us with you always. Earning money in online poker is an illusion. Just play and enjoy the game with your friends

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the time I tried to do it but I lack evidence, I had the bank to do it and time, but the disorder in my life did not allow me. I spent more than I earned, I lived for a year living like this

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would choose pokerstars
I would play 5 hours
will play at levels $0.50 / 1.00

Considering that a GREAT player will make approximatly 4BB per hour in profit you would earn $20 that way... I dont know where you live, but I couldnt make a living from $600 a month... I couldnt even pay the rent with that amount...

I think most people significantly over-estimate how much money can be made in poker...

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start playing from 100BB, once I double up to 200B I will jump over a level higher stakes.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't without 20k in the bank to roll.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I played tournaments up to $ 10, backs, the Bounties are ordinary, generally different, once I was successful in winning a Sochi ticket with a nominal value of $ 215, I played for half a year, now I joined the community to improve the quality of the game.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never tried to make a living from poker, I would soon be broke, but from people I have talked to who have made money from poker the one thing that is consistant is that none of them set out to make a living out of playing poker.
They just played poker and realised they were good at it and were making money out of it, and as for hours, stakes etc, just like life everyone is different everyone has to find their own way.
I can guarantee that 99.9% of poker players lose in the long run and the skill is only losing the amount you are confortable with.
So my advice is just to play poker and it winning happens great, if not just enjoy it for what it is, a game of a bit of skill and a lot of luck, or is it the other way round ? :D:D

Couldn't disagree more. The problem with making a living at it in the U.S. is the sites aren't big enough. I used to make about 5-10k a year on full tilt as a hobby without ever depositing a dime. Had a SNG roi of about 20% and a tourney ROI over 50%. Was considering going full time until the almighty government shut it down. It's pretty much impossible with sites having 1k players and few game options.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you believe, as I do, that better players are more successful in higher limit games than freerolls and low limit games, then a sizable bankroll and a tolerance for risk are essential for any starting player who wants to make a living playing online poker. More and more, the concept of a professional poker player, especially online, seems akin to becoming a professional Russian roulette player.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think it's possible to make serious money unless you're insanely gifted. I just started playing again, made a $50 deposit and just gunna build up my bankroll from 2NL and progress everytime I get 100BI's. Everyone is too good now at the higher stakes now, so much information out there, it's hard to get an edge.

B

bigfabio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker for a living

I believe it is possible to make a living from poker but it would take a lot of practice and hand history research and also find your own optimal stakes for which you are comfortable.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you could make money, playing online.Not making it a living, Way too many good players out there, but with some luck you can win money.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance is even worse online so more need for a bigger bankroll, which is another reason why most of our freeroll winnings dont last :D GL