Which makes better players? Deposit or Grind?

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's assume all things are equal. You have two players and they have read the same books, watched the same poker TV shows, They are both relatively a knowledgeable about the game. Which way makes the better player? Go out and drop a deposit online or grind it out trying to build the bankroll from scratch? let here what you think. Now they are both playing the same games. What do you thing?

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be grind, thats what poker is all about grinding, if you deposit and loose you will say if i loose i just deposite but if you are grinding and see how you managed to make it far. you would say, my knowledge and my time has me where i am. GL.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is important to be able to grow rolls grinding from freerolls even,
Also important to take advantage of deposit or reload promotions or rakeback deals from poker sites.
Doing both these things is great but I believe the best players withdraw most of their winnings and enjoy the profit.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what i know, grinders are the one who have more respect to BRM, they are less likely to tilt so i guess they are better when it comes to little few things that makes a huge difference later

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is more complicated than it looks. Yes freerolls give you free training and money but there are difference in the way people play in freerolls and in normal MTTs. I personally grinded my way via freerolls to start playing normal MTTs and think that experience wise this is the best way to do it but keep in mind that this takes time which otherwise you will use directly to grind at micro MTT levels.

To sum it up - if you don't have the money you have no other choice than to grind. If you have some money it is good to make initial deposit and start playing both normal MTTs and freerolls till you manage to be consistently on plus side from the normal MTTs.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's assume all things are equal. You have two players and they have read the same books, watched the same poker TV shows, They are both relatively a knowledgeable about the game. Which way makes the better player? Go out and drop a deposit online or grind it out trying to build the bankroll from scratch? let here what you think. Now they are both playing the same games. What do you thing?
If you can deposit, deposit. If you need to start with freerolls, start with freerolls.

Both options allows each to the best of their ability, they just start at different points. And we can't assume someone that is able to deposit money isn't going to be following BRM or splashing around in big games out of their financial means. It just means they can start at a bigger buy-in than a freeroll player.

If you can afford to deposit and play, say .55 MTTs (and assuming you're able to do well consistently), why would you want to start at $0 games with less payout? That's like needing to travel 300 miles and your options are either driving or walking. Sure, you could walk and you'd get there eventually, but if you are able to drive yourself, why wouldn't you?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reloading cashier or grinding from scratch really dont matter much
the ones who study the most will always be the better player
the key is splitting your time 30% playing & 70% studying when you're starting out IMO

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
grind is work on discipline

L

laolong96

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
practice more no tilt

review your hands and read more book

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is experience to be gained via grinding that you just won't find anywhere else. You really need to go through the grind in order to learn the lessons and really get it ingrained into your play style.

I feel like depositing might get ya ahead faster but if you dont' have that solid foundation learned via the grind... you probably won't go very far.

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grinding or depositing you should always manage your bankroll and how much are you spending, maybe grinding from scratch can give more value to ther money and maybe having a better bankroll management. Actualy this happend to me I deposited and lost all my money, but when I start from the bottom playing freerolls I finally could withdraw some profits

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think a player who creates his bankroll from scratch will have an advantage. A player who can not create bankroll by playing freerolls probably just does not have the skills.
Good luck.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deposit or not, it will not make him a better player in himself, but his path of study, test, practice and strategy, I think it does not matter if you put 50 out of your pocket or you get it in freeroll, then there is the important thing, what and how you use Those 50 and how you apply the strategies and knowledge acquired.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Practice makes perfect. Practicing not only in game itself but in all the around game aspects too. So, my answer is the grinder.