Loss of Internet

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has never happened to me yet, but it is definitely something that I have thought about.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been having trouble lately with my Internet stopping intermittently, including during online poker games. Called my ISP - they did some resetting and had me do a "paper clip" reset of my new modem. So far it seems to have worked - fingers crossed.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
ACR closes site randomly and I have to reboot it.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning hand + giant pot + internet fell. Have you been through this?

This often happens to me, so I have developed a rule to have some additional source of connection when playing.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's spin-go for 0.25
I almost won 1.25 I got a flush and I checked so that he would bet and yes he bet allin and at that time the Internet was cut in, I could not call in the end I lost

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's spin-go for 0.25
I almost won 1.25 I got a flush and I checked so that he would bet and yes he bet allin and at that time the Internet was cut in, I could not call in the end I lost
View attachment 283290

This happened to me also in sit & go. The opposite also benefited me against Russian and Venezuelan players. My fear is being in a big tournament and losing the internet signal due to lack of power or maintenance on the network. It is a hopeless situation. I play on the laptop and in case of loss of the internet signal, I place the signal from my cell phone to the laptop. This can help until the signal returns. Desperate will be if the cell phone credit runs out ...:cool::cool::cool:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Disconnections are always inconvenient and cost some chips in tournaments. But it is rare, that it happen exactly at a time, where you have a substantial amount of chips invested in a hand without being all in. Not sure I can even recall such a time, and I have played a lot of poker. You can also reduce the risk by not doing silly things like betting 95% of your chips without betting the rest. Once you are all in, you are protected, since you cant be forced to fold.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me a few times as well and when it did I would keep losing connection throughout the tournament.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a situation when I entered the final table as a chip leader in a major MTT tournament, and the internet connection was turned off. It was still the era of usb modems. At that time, 11 players lagged behind in the tournament. Somehow I managed to take 5th place. And of course the anger was wild, it was not my fault that the Internet disappeared that evening.
There was hope and self-confidence to enter the top 3.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not say that it often happens with me. mostly one room have some problems with connection. Nice when I have time bank in this situation.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It is very disappointing,when the Internet goes out, especially with long passes in tournaments, so I bought a mobile router, it helps a lot, I recommend it to everyone!

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never happend to me this in Bubble but many times in a very important point in tournament..

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as the connection is lost, nerves rise, especially often on the phone, straight home to the computer!

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had my connection lost a few times, but luckily not during a moment that cost me any significant cash. I think it's only a matter of time though.

C

clave7777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good internet in canada but costly. Never been a problem and shouldnt be this day and age.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm, I have lost big pot for the poor internet connection. It had never happened before. I was frustrated. Why this happen especially this significant moment? I almost try to burn my computer. Anyway I think the cause is maybe the site itself, not my computer. Anyway there is no evidence so I just guess the truth. And there's nothing I can do.
Does this happen on poker sites only, or is it a regular issue with your internet provider?
I just thought I'd ask.
Regards,
StreetPhd