Loss of Internet

v3d0k

v3d0k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, my feelings are difficult to describe when the loss of the Internet occurs. At an important moment, but I'm still playing a small pot. The worst is for those who are in a decent tournament at the finish table and imagine this!:mad:

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My roommate had a Pyur subscription, people living in germany know it. Well, long story short, about a year I was playing at pokerstars for some promo series with 11 buyin, with less than 100 places to the ATM I had the nuts, I was tilting the leader at my table who had a huge stack. after the river my connection was lost, I tried everything then I took a taxi to a nearby pub with WIFI and I was down to few chips, I couldnt even make it to the ATM. Next thing I changed my provider

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, it happened to me sometimes. I even think that there are no players with whom this has not happened. This is probably the only significant disadvantage of playing online.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I have lost connection it sucks bad. Good thing most sites work on cell phones now. You can pop on the 5g and get back in the game.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately here where I live my connection is not the best and sometimes I lose the connection during an important hand, but most of the times I get reconnected during the disconnection time that poker rooms gives when this situation happens. I remember of some situations that the connection didn't worked at all, but it was always when I was playing cash games, so, I didn't lost any important tournament because f the connection.

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning hand + giant pot + internet fell. Have you been through this?

Unfortunately I went through this, when I returned to the site, I lost the pot for not paying the bet. I ran out of chips and ended up leaving the tournament. Very annoying when that happens!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
turning off the light and the Internet is quite common, if you play poker for real money, then you should be prepared for the fact that sooner or later you may have a break for various reasons and you should have a mobile phone with other Internet access and installed poker rooms where you can quickly go and finish poker tournaments with as little loss as possible for you

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost a hand with quad 5's the other day as I was trying to trap and my Internet kicked me out

I'm assuming I was bluffed while disconnected as when I got back on my stack had fallen significantly

Good luck out there

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Have you ever lost internet connection well in the middle of a game? How about in the middle of a huge hand you know you were going to win? :mad:

Hi.
In the past, about two years ago, I often had this problem. I solved it very simply, I connected an additional internet line from another provider. And now the maximum time to reconnect to another Internet line takes me no more than 20-30 seconds. Of course, this is an additional cost, but it is worth it.
Good luck.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you heard about the recent scandal on Bet Online where a player got disconnected when he hit a straight flush against quads on the bad beat jackpot? It was an abnormal disconnection too. Massive pot. Caused a massive uproar and Bet Online eventually ended up awarding the bad beat jackpot for it after refusing at first.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just today, I was cut off from electricity while playing in a tournament. I had a 5 euro ticket and actually lost it because of it. But it was an emergency and electricity was cut off in our whole area. It's a pity, but I can't change anything.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you can rip out all the hair on the ass)

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately it happens sometimes. I've been like that once even it was super important moment. So what can I do? Just bought some new computer and got some fast internet line.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Happened to me the other day, nothing you can do about it when it happens. Just hope it comes back on before you get folded out or lose to many chips.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it has happened to both my husband and myself. We live on an acreage so internet for the most part its fine but not as reliable as in a city. One time I had made it to final table, played only a few hands and lots internet, it did not come back for hours and the game was now over when it finally came back. That was so disappointing.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Our internet is pretty stable but its usually if I enter a dead zone of the house

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will be very surprised if someone said that he/she has not been in that situation. :D

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has not happened to me. But this is my fear that during the responsible game the Internet or electricity will turn off. I hope this never happens to me!

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've suffered a few times too, it's really an ugly feeling and a huge frustration , but that's going on, in such situations it's no longer up to you, you just have to keep your morale high

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost my internet connection and this is very offensive, because losing is no longer dependent on you. But you shouldn't be upset because of this, the skills will help you win other games at other times.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever lost internet connection well in the middle of a game? How about in the middle of a huge hand you know you were going to win? :mad:
Yeah I have had this Problem before but since I have bought a new router it works perfectly fine now....
I know the feeling you described sooooo good! :eek:

Yours Luki:angel:

I

ivis68

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it can upset me just when I have a good hand, the internet goes out and it happens

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's happenned to me once...can't remember exactly when or what i was playing..it was a while ago....but i remember i wasn't happy. Not funny at all.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had internet problems in the top13 MTT tournament
yes i burned out