arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
internet disconnection

internet disconection

what will u do if you are in the middle of the big pot or on the bubble of very great pool prize tournaments?

it happens to me a lot and I lost that game, it feels awful , especially the times when I am in bad beat period

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrible Wi Fi

I have lost a good amount of real cash due to poor WiFi. This happens more then I would like, I was in a spin and go for a nice chunk of change and was just about to win and my WiFi goes down. I freaked, this would never happen playing somewhere against real people and friends. Lets say your in a 109 Euro game and your crushing it and your connection goes, you come back and your busted. Hopeless feeling Capo1014

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I have lost big pot for the poor internet connection. It had never happened before. I was frustrated. Why this happen especially this significant moment? I almost try to burn my computer. Anyway I think the cause is maybe the site itself, not my computer. Anyway there is no evidence so I just guess the truth. And there's nothing I can do.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two connections I can use, home wifi and mobile internet, in case if one crashed switch to another

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really unlucky. I have the experience, too. Only wait to die. :(

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I jus wait to reconnect. Nothing else to do. The good Idea is what a fellow stated above, to switch to the mobile connection.
When this happens, sucks.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its strange sometimes. I had 2 windows open 1 was a tourney the other sit and go on acr. And I lost connection only on 1 window which was AA on the tourny. This was recently. In the past it happened as well. Connection interrupted only on 1 window.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play over wi-fi on the phone, and unfortunately sometimes it disconnects me, but then I quickly switch to mobile net and the problem is solved.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do quik hotspot from my phone haha, thats the best way and even a low connection is better than nothing xD

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well I've been lucky....no wifi problems but I remember the old days with dial-up.....I was constantly losing connection. How things have changed...

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have rarely had such cases, but I am always ready for it, because I have a powerful smartphone with mobile internet. That is why it is not a problem for me.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's unpleasant,but unfortunately it happens to me...I'm just on edge, and unfortunately not for the first time...I called providers,but they just shrug...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have my phone nearby as backup. I can use it either as hotspot for the laptop (if my home internet stops) or as complete replacement device (in case of long power outage for example).

J

jcvd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this only too well.You are in a game have a great stack and then you lose everything because of losing conection. When it happened to often you should change your provider.

I

I LOVE BENE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad connections are the worst. I'd rather lose my money by making a big mistake then with a bad internet connection.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does seem to only happen in a crucial spot, when you are about to win a big pot.
I've learned to deal with it. Nothing you can do about it really.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It happens to me a few times when I played spin and go, quickly switch to mobile but game was already over. Usually in that case I write to poker stars support and they give my buy-in back. Just for your information, if somebody wants to return money.

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened to me yesterday, my internet came and went all the time in the middle of a tournament of 2.20 that guaranteed 2500. I was angry but hey are things that happen in online poker and you have to live with it.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
disconnection from the Internet

, what will you do if you are in the middle of the big jackpot or in the bubble of the big prize tournaments?

It happens to me a lot and I lost that game, it feels horrible, especially in the moments when I am in a bad beat period
They are the disadvantages of online poker, it has happened to me a lot that I am about to win a good pot when I am a favorite in one hand and the connection drops at other times I have not had time to enroll in a tour due to the poor internet connection, a lot happens in my country Venezuela other times it is usually a fault that generates the power cut without light.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try before I start a session to remember to do a quick reboot on the wireless modem, this seems to help a little bit. But still happens more often lately, I think the Service Providers are slowing things down deliberately so we will upgrade.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
You are not alone man. As you can see in the posts above, most of us had that problem at certain points of time, and definitely not once. It's even much better nowadays as the connection got faster and more reliable. I don't know if you remember DSL and Dial up ! That's when it happened more often and mostly at critical moments. I can't even tell you about the cases for they are so many. Luckily for us now, the connection is more reliable as I said and we have the phones for emergencies...

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
internet disconection

what will u do if you are in the middle of the big pot or on the bubble of very great pool prize tournaments?

it happens to me a lot and I lost that game, it feels awful , especially the times when I am in bad beat period

Unpleasant situation. However, nothing depends on me, so I treat this problem calmly.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to me a few times when I played spin and go, quickly switch to mobile but game was already over. Usually in that case I write to Poker Stars support and they give my buy-in back. Just for your information, if somebody wants to return money.
An interesting idea, but I don't think it will work, you still need to prove that the shutdown wasn't intentional.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting disconnected is the worst.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
An interesting idea, but I don't think it will work, you still need to prove that the shutdown wasn't intentional.
They will ask you to send a log files to them but I they never refused to compensate buy-ins to me. I am talking about Poker Stars because do not have a clue about other rooms.