Limpers with huge stacks?

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing NL4 today and noticed some guy open limping every time he didn't fold... His stack was $25 and he maintained it there for awhile. Occasionally he would open raise or do a re-raise shove vs. a cbet... I managed to score 2 buy ins off him with nutted hands but he built his stack back up to $25 lol.

Do you guys think this could be a reg in disguise or just a really lucky whale? :p

Have you ever encountered a "secret reg" using open limps as a means of deception?

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what average buyin was but you have some that like to play ALOT of pots. I personally dont play alot of hands so i do like to limp with hands like AQ to A10 or KQ to K10, sometimes suited connectors

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a guy I play with in my home game who always does this. He limps/call all raises pre-flop and calls all the way throughout the hand. He usually wins too, unbelievably.. But his loses are staggering, when they do happen. So, a player like this will lose in the long run, depending on the level of opposition.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Some weeks ago I was playing against one of those players (VPIP: 95 in over 300 hands). He tilted me so badly and I lost many buy ins by him LOL! The worst thing was that he was ''balanced'' in some spots. :D

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure of it, usually "limp players" are my best friends in the tournaments that i play.

Probably it's a lucky whale, you can't limp and be lucrative at all.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure of it, usually "limp players" are my best friends in the tournaments that i play.

Probably it's a lucky whale, you can't limp and be lucrative at all.
The funny thing was he would play middle pair good kicker and top pair bad kicker passively on dry flops (and top pair top kicker aggressively), and would also 3 bet wet flops occasionally but mostly check them.. I played enough hands with him to get the sense he had fairly solid postflop play lol. Bet sizing seemed legit too. Totally caught on to my high cbet % too so I had to back off a bit. Total head scratcher.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep seeing this happen at NL4 and I'm baffled. I think it's the same player (always at anomymous tables). Has the same playstyle as most of the others at the table. A mix of open limps and raises. Fairly aggressive postflop play but not spewy. Somtehing about it just feels very different from the usual micros :/.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He limped his way to profit, good for him. You took some of his profit, good for you.

AIexander K

AIexander K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each time you see a limper, you should treat him as your most valuable customer.
Whenever someone makes an open limp, you should see the opportunity to pick up his stack, or at least most of his stack in a short amount of time.:cool: