Labels for online Poker players

Chechiing

Chechiing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm rethinking my game for my online poker play. What kind of labels do you use to identify your players when playing MTTs with large fields versus smaller fields. Thanks a lot [emoji873]

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm rethinking my game for my online Poker play. What kind of labels do you use to identify your players when playing MTTs with large fields versus smaller fields. Thanks a lot [emoji873]

Most of the sites allow color coding and note taking. I use both. The color code just indicates how they play in general: green indicates a player I want to be in a lot of pots with. Yellow is a tricky player that I should use caution with, Red means that I should avoid pots with this player unless I have a premium hand. Blue is a calling station. This is just a quick reference as I take notes throughout the game. So, if I am in a pot with one of these players, I refer to my notes to see what I have already observed. For this I use a short-hand system such as: RWC= raises with cheese (junk), CB= continuation bettor (and then I usually write out how they react to a 3 bet to their CB or how they act on the turn), BR= button raiser, BBD= big blind defender, ect.

You'll develop your own system over time but I hope this points you in the right direction.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the sites allow color coding and note taking. I use both. The color code just indicates how they play in general: green indicates a player I want to be in a lot of pots with. Yellow is a tricky player that I should use caution with, Red means that I should avoid pots with this player unless I have a premium hand. Blue is a calling station. This is just a quick reference as I take notes throughout the game. So, if I am in a pot with one of these players, I refer to my notes to see what I have already observed. For this I use a short-hand system such as: RWC= raises with cheese (junk), CB= continuation bettor (and then I usually write out how they react to a 3 bet to their CB or how they act on the turn), BR= button raiser, BBD= big blind defender, ect.

You'll develop your own system over time but I hope this points you in the right direction.

Interesting. I also use color coding but i color them just opposite, Red is someone i can catch in a pot either bullying bluffing or being a all around horrible player who got lucky at some point to Green being a solid player i want to play straight up no tricky stuff

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I use the same red, green, yellow combination. I like the additional calling station color, thanks for sharing.