It happens..but ever at a critical moment??

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being an online poker player, connection issues with the internet will happen from time to time. But have you ever had it happen during an extremely big hand? A hand with big money or big position in a tournament on the line? By the time you get back online the hand is over and your set of 9's(example) you hit on the flop wasted. I know it's frustrating when you're in a hand and now a player is reconnecting..which takes forever. It sucks but I've been that guy before trying to reconnect quickly. Usually I have my phone ready to log in on the App(BetOnline) in the event this happens. I just chalk it up to part of the online game.
Any others have this happen in a big hand before?

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes ... it happened once. It was very important tournament for me and I was waiting weeks to play it. I started to play and everything was perfect, after 2 hours of playing my husband told me we must go to village to help parents, I thought ok I will play on my phone and it won't be a problem for me. When we arrived to village and I saw there is no connection I started to run everywhere like crazy searching fot connection :D I even climbed on tree and finally found it, that was very long and uncomfortable evening on the tree :D

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it has happened more than a few times for sure. One time was really bad in particular. I had made it to the final table of a tournament, outside there was a fairly bad rain storm it caused our internet connection to be down. We phoned the company and the recording said internet would not be back on for at least a couple hours. Well....that was nasty making it all the way to final table and then no internet......grrrrr......I was so frustrated as it had finished playing out before we got our internet back. :(

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time was a power cut due to an accident at power plant, right before the final table, I was so mad.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yah, registered a bunch of tournaments one Sunday and internet stopped working (after they started) and did not turn back on until the next day.

Now I can switch on wireless hotspot backup, but I didn't have any contingency plans back then and just had to eat the losses.

Not great, but that's why they say you shouldn't care about one day's results.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This kind of thing has happened to me a lot in the past when my circumstances were not at their best.

I had an unreliable connection and would disconnect all the time. Lost count how many times I dc'ed with AA preflop, it became a joke..

I remember being in a big hand, about three quarters through a tourney making the stone nuts straight on the turn, betting 70% of my stack, seeing my opponent reraise all in and DISCONNECT...

Awesome. :icon_thum

I used to disconnect so frequently back then, this went on for a year or two before I was able to arrange a better connection.

Much progress was lost thanks to that provider.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some sites are worse than others.

I have had my internet go down. Luckily I use my LTE as backup. However, there are some sites, where the actual software hangs and you need to restart the app.

This is frustrating because if it is your own connection, then it's understandable, but when the skin provider crashes and you have no recourse to even complain about it, that pisses me off.

The disconnecting thing, sometimes people are doing it on purpose.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, friend, it happens very often to lose connection and in one of these situations, he sometimes finds you in a great hand, this is very painful to experience but it is almost a generality and any player from any country in the world can happen to him, for which he marks a certain Equality, it has also happened to me to win when someone on the other side has no connection, that is what I mean by equality, the playing field is the same for both.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lost a few hundred dollars in a hand on a 500NL table while dumbass was running it up. Internet went down right after someone went all in on me on the turn. I flopped a nut flush after some heavy preflop action left me heads-up. I checked the flop and called a pot-sized bet. On the turn I bet 1/4 pot and tried to insta-call the all-in but there was no response from the client. I realized I had DC when my timer started flashing on the client. I had to restart my router and by the time I loaded back in I already "folded." Kind of a punch in the gut, but that's the risk you take playing any game that requires an internet connection.

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I flew to a satellite at 0.33 and won a ticket to the Sunday Storm, played a couple of hands, and the internet turned off and on when I had 9bb and I played A9s and lost

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have bad internet, which often happens. But the smartphone helps out)

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 time, but i get in from my phone quickly.Gl all who fold top hand this situation, you will back 100%

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is probably one of the main problems of online poker. You can't control things that don't depend on you. I didn't get any serious hits. But these things happen to everyone. It's like a disaster.

S

st00art

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost a lot of money playing hyper-turbo sit&go cause my phone crashed and the only way is to reset it and after crash my dogshit phone takes so much time (more than usually) to turn on so when I'm back it's already over for me cause opponents quickly steal my chips

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello
It happens sometimes to everybody, even when the speed connection is good. Most of the time it's our internet problem, not the room's. It's a big pain in the ... But if happens too much, in a row, the opponents will take advantage of it and you know how.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the middle of a tournament, I happened to be in the top three with my chips and the internet connection was gone. It was two o'clock by the time he got back but by then I was out. It was a bad feeling.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this, but fortunately this happens very rarely. I play all the time from my phone and I have 2 SIM cards in my smartphone, and of course I have a power bank of 20000 mAh. :D In which case, I can quickly switch the Internet from the second operator if the main operator starts having problems.