Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Something that is raising doubts lately is: are freerolls the antipoker? Is it contagious to play badly?
Although I consider that these tournaments are part of the learning curve of the Holdem (Omaha for now is among my pending subjects), and are also necessary to start creating a bankroll for those who for now, we can not or do not want to deposit yet, the I ask myself, and I extend to those who have more experience and knowledge than me (the vast majority of Cardschat members obviously), are the following: how to make poker learning compatible with a very low level game like Freerolls, in which you learn little and nothing.
The second question is: when to stop playing them? (assuming we already generate a sufficient bankroll).
Is there a theoretical estimate in this regard? What to play after freerolls?
I have already commented in other posts that I play freerolls mtt and sits very low buy in (even sits freeroll in Winamax), and I consider that I still do not have the theoretical preparation to play cash, which I don't know if I like it anyway.
What would be your advice and opinions about where you should go, beyond that I still don't have the bankroll that I consider necessary to hit the "big jump"?

Thank you in advance for your answers and for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

NightFun

NightFun

CC Elite CC=AWESOME! Woof
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't know if it is contagious, but it definitely is not making you a better player. The best CC games are the league games and our small buy-ins. That's where you will find good poker and up your game..
If you make yourself aware that you want to try to chip up fast in and make some $ to build your BR, you must be careful as it could definitely have a negative effect on your game. If you play Freerolls you should still try to play the best poker you can, even if it means folding a lot, or just don't play them at all. GL on the felt either way.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I think freerolls are necessary to improve your poker level, at the beginning you will be confused by the poker style of many fish but then you will understand who they are and how to play, that will make you get money and increase your bankroll.

Then I would recommend playing at cash tables with low buy-in .05 / 0.10 that will help you improve the psychology... rememeber, it's a mental game.

T

Teddy3027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you are only as good as your competition.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you cant pay attention to those who play ALOT of hands. Its just not good poker, then in freerolls you see people playing every hand and hitting alot of big pots. Basically gambling and getting VERY lucky!!
To play alot of pots you have to get very lucky or bluff alot.
CC freerolls is a good place to build bankroll but there are freerollers in here as well so you have to watch yourself.

There is a BRM rule that you never play a turny for more then 10% of your role Granted with very little funds thats hard to do but even at a $100 you should not be playing a 10 buyin as you can only play one if u lose and then you have to step back down.
Cash games im not a fan of either cause you still have people playing freeroll style at low levels.
Sadly its tougher at the lower(micro) levels to get out of then any other level. Variance is much greater at lower level then any other
Also it seems if your running good then your running good but if your running bad its very bad.

Good luck at the tables

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for answering my rookie questions.
It is a pleasure and an honor to read your comments and opinions, and of course belong to Cardschat, honestly the best poker forum I know.
I hope, thanks to your help and that of all the members of this site, to be able to evolve as a poker player and to help those who have just started in the future, as you do today with me.

Thanks for always being there.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls

Hi everyone.

Something that is raising doubts lately is: are freerolls the antipoker? Is it contagious to play badly?
Although I consider that these tournaments are part of the learning curve of the Holdem (Omaha for now is among my pending subjects), and are also necessary to start creating a bankroll for those who for now, we can not or do not want to deposit yet, the I ask myself, and I extend to those who have more experience and knowledge than me (the vast majority of Cardschat members obviously), are the following: how to make poker learning compatible with a very low level game like Freerolls, in which you learn little and nothing.
The second question is: when to stop playing them? (assuming we already generate a sufficient bankroll).
Is there a theoretical estimate in this regard? What to play after freerolls?
I have already commented in other posts that I play freerolls mtt and sits very low buy in (even sits freeroll in Winamax), and I consider that I still do not have the theoretical preparation to play cash, which I don't know if I like it anyway.
What would be your advice and opinions about where you should go, beyond that I still don't have the bankroll that I consider necessary to hit the "big jump"?

Thank you in advance for your answers and for always being there.

Hi again, yes I play a lot of freerolls nowand not so much cash buyins . No doubt if you play the freerolls you should play your best game, treat it like you paid $100 to get in, most likely you will find yourself ITM very often. Just don’t get fished in to those frequent all inners. :):)

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a necessary step to newcomers because it gives everyone the opportunity to build a bankroll from zero, you just need to learn how to play. I dont think it's a bad thing, you just to know your time to start playing bigger challenges.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your comments my friends.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you start going all-in a lot, then others will feel that they have to go all-in a lot as well. If everyone limps often, you will probably do the same. Poker is a fluid game.

S

SIDNEI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion playing freeroll is like learning to drive in an old car, it is difficult and requires patience but if you do well when you get a good car to drive it is much easier
in other words, if you do well in a free or in cheap buy in tournaments when you play a tournament with a better level of players, it ends up becoming easier to play good poker

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Join the freeroll club, people play much better there.
I play SNGs, PLO and freerolls. Each requires a separate set of skills. They should not cross contaminate.
So long as you use correct bankroll management, you will be okay. Good Luck!

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive noticed some tables play 'normal' for quite a while until someone donks, then they can pile on pretty fast! lol