interesting fact about the random number generator

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GsCH. In fact, there is no device in the world that would give out an absolutely random sequence of numbers. In any of these devices, including poker RNG, the end result depends on many factors. poker rooms always use a random number generator of third-party production - they themselves do not do it. In these devices, the final result is influenced by factors such as processor temperature, the number of dicibles produced by the hard drive, and even mouse movements. these are the same factors that we discussed at the beginning, but now with reference to poker RNG. Affect all of them simultaneously, especially with the goal that the result is intentionally guaranteed to be twisted - an almost impossible task. In addition, the RNG reflects the well-known postulate "cards have no memory", i.e. the generator perceives only one function - to give a specific number at a time, and has no information about what it issued before

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if this is what you're saying or not: The background noises you describe are incorporated into RNGs intentionally, which I would suggest qualifies as truly random.

...and has no information about what it issued before

PRNGs (Pseudo RNGs) use a linear function against the previous result.

Of course, that's all with "old school" deterministic devices.

Now, let's get some Hadamard gates in my new Quantum computer and see how that looks!

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the basic command INT(RND(1)*52) was good enough for pacman.

I don't know why people get so worried about the seeding of the pseudo random number generators. It doesn't make much difference and nobody could know the precise millisecond it was seeded or how often it is called to predict any outcomes.

A person shuffling a fresh deck of cards isn't even truly random.

In fact nothing in the universe is truly random, (well, apart from the words that come out of a certain person).