Insults in the game, you respond or ignore ?

P

Pokerboss1000

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker talk online insulting

I don’t usually partake in online talking, but I love see what players are saying to each other So I know who is on tilt . So I can attack the tilt players

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually I always answer, always in the best way, if I see that I cannot control the situation, I completely ignore it, sometimes it is better to avoid ...

the best problem is the one that is avoided ...

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes ignoring them is not the solution because they continue to bother you and it becomes a very difficult situation because they are pending, so you lose to start making fun and it becomes mental and they start using those EMOTICONS and they start throwing things poop ice, cookies , wallets, rockets, toilet paper, it becomes quite annoying, and when that person is eliminated he continues to use the chat to continue bothering, I speak of the poker star room. It's a headache with those bad losers :(:(:(

This is all true, that helps our deconcentration, and therefore you have to know how to handle the situation, they throw things at you like so that you accept and pay the bet knowing that they have the nuts hand.

D

Damnbruce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respond with a smile

I mostly play live so when someone is trying to get me off my game it’s usually cause what I’m doing is working. I reply with a smile and if they get to bad I let the floor deal with it. I say that and I have only been in one situation where it got escalated that much.

Most people are gracious even in defeat.

E

EvanX26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore them. t b h I am usually paying attention to the cards and the play not the chat.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely ignore this type of player, I think that there should be punishment for this type of player.

Hello my dear! I don't turn off the chat, but I don't care about cursing. And to be honest sometimes I do some insults like: Are you a fish or what a stupid call, you are a donk ...
But yesterday I witnessed a situation of racism and free xenophobia, and look that I am detached in this aspect, nor am I influenced ... I was terrified!
The situation was as follows: two players playing a hand, there was a big bad beat on FT and one of them got very angry, wished cancer to the other's mother in the chat, and by empathy I was supportive saying that the other player was fish. In the same second he started ... I will repeat his words: "Shut up, you Brazilian monkey! Do you want bananas? He said that my people sucked. I was very upset.
Now I'll even turn off the chat.
I reported to support!

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It depends on who and why the insult, if they are racist insults I usually respond! But normally I don't even read them

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on who and why the insult, if they are racist insults I usually respond! But normally I don't even read them

because I lost my pace and said a lot of pbesteira in the heat of the moment ...

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely ignore this type of player, I think that there should be punishment for this type of player.

On online platforms I disable chats and gifts. But if I am offended at live tables I demand respect and punishment. Offense is not the quality of a poker player.

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore every kind of comment. Some people are trying to play with my patience than with the cards. I am giving the answer by earning their chips

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always turned off the chat when im playing to prevent losing focus on the game and to avoid being tilted if someone insults me... i think thats a big advantage when playing online unlike live tournaments where you need to keep concentrating in the game in spite of these type of comments.

Last edited:
M

Maxim420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People rarely chat. I like to chat people while playing but I never get responds

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online I ignore all chatting. In live games, I'll put in for a table change if i don't like my table for any reason, including someone who is making negative comments.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is especially vulgar or profane, I believe the best action is a screenshot or two

(Windows key + "Print screen" on a PC - the picture should then appear in the pictures file under screenshots)

Send it in to the customer support, they usually have dedicated abuse@ email addresses for this... rooms will then mute or ban these people.

It used to be a huge problem in the early days of online poker. Now thankfully not so much, thanks to cracking down on this by the rooms and the players reporting them.

But there are always newbies that think they can get away with it.

So do everyone down the line a favor and report them.

You could be saving someone especially vulnerable from being tormented.

Imagine your mom playing a game of poker. If it's something you wouldn't want her reading then report it.

My 2 cents...
Cheers.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I normally report persons who are abusive via chat. I totally agree with person above post#140 you cannot just ignore them as they will keep doing it.

Unfortunately there are so many nasty people playing poker now it has become a chore and tiresome to keep reporting. I just keep my chat off except for homegames and the Cardschat games as I know those are friendly.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always turn the chat off. There's nothing beneficial that anyone has to say. Anytime I have turned on the chat for "entertainment purposes", all I've gotten have been silly insults and stupid racist comments.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tboth in the game and in real life, insults must be ignored, all badly spoken or desired returns double to the author of the insult..³

Y

YogSothoth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never known a winning player to act like a p***k in chat. Only losers. Ignore them, I say.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way to beat a bully is to out bully him/her or whichever one of the other 87 genders out there.

M

Milez1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i dont react. Sometimes for fun i do the different Emotes when other do it

E

edujah420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even answer but I take it that gets in the way a little bit in concentration

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on my mood. It can be quite entertaining to get into a bit of a jaring.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i ignore ,i dont know the player so wtf .let him speak as much as he wants,i enjoy it

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore it, but if you are sure you won't be tilted, I think you could consider arguing back with them to achieve optimal tilt from them.

Top 10 Games