Influx of Players due to Covid-19

G

Geek_Byte

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed my average winnings increasing. I dont think I have improved my game that much, but the numbers dont like. I win my BB, and pots have grown.

I wasnt really paying much attention till someone mentioned it on CardsChat about easy pickings because of the influx of new players.

Loving it!

But i better not go overboard and get sloppy with my calls/raises.

Anyone else noticing this?

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
yep, on almost all poker clients.
A bunch of new players, and recreational players are joining, since they are at home,nothing else to do but lose few $$.
Which is great for everyone who is mediocre at least (just like myself)
:)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is filled with new players like all online games. Don't hurt them. They only learn and take risks. For this reason, the winnings increase for other players.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a large influx of them (I'm one of them returning to the online poker scene after a long hiatus). And yes that could mean that there are more mediocre players to play against and maybe beat. This can also contribute to some of the recent poker client issues being overwhelmed by the influx of participants.

R

rasam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed my average winnings increasing. I dont think I have improved my game that much, but the numbers dont like. I win my BB, and pots have grown.

I wasnt really paying much attention till someone mentioned it on CardsChat about easy pickings because of the influx of new players.

Loving it!

But i better not go overboard and get sloppy with my calls/raises.

Anyone else noticing this?

so many casual and fun players are playing because of the corona virus , thats one of the reason you and many other players are winning more than average

T

tripps777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And here I was thinking that I was getting better...

In all seriousness though, I returned to playing (due to quarantine also) almost daily after taking a break, and I also saw my win rate going up.

Silver linings I guess.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am back on Cards Chat playing after an absence. Hope to pick up a few winnings if there are lots of weak players around.

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Due to COVID-19, online poker rooms grew 3-4 times. Take the example of poker stars. The most popular poker room in my opinion. There, an average of 80-90 thousand people were online before quarantine. And during the quarantine of 350,000 people. And that's good. Now I play with players of my level :) :)

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betonline has at least 5 times the number of cash tables as they did prior to virus.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ye, a lot of new players joined the tables from past weeks..there's a good trafic in all sites

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, lots of new and returning players because of lock downs. I'm a casual player and I've been playing more because I'm stuck at home.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This virus has caused a huge influx of players on all sites, you thought it was hard b4 this virus to WIN try playing the tourneys now

V

Vinnielfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I've seen more players come online since countries are in lockdown, for the best.