I'm Disappointed and Angry

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'v gone from $0 to $991 on ACR last two weeks playing online freerolls then MTTs then losing in cash. I'm down to $300 exactly. Just angry never being a winning player on online cash. I understand you are suppose to only filter for profitable hands and situations but I keep losing on cash. I was not able to get banned from cash games dont know why I even play them.:motz: Thoughts on how better to play Omaha cash and NLH HU cash?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens had 130 dollar 3 way in cash game on flop at intertops pot $400 from freerolls then a 5d tournament.
flop 45J rainbow I had set of 5s opponent 1, had set 4s opponent 2, pair of kings turn 8 river king bye bye $400.:eek::damnmate:
June week 2

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls and real cash games are completely different beasts. My suggestion - build on what you know. Stay away from cash games entirely till you've proven yourself to be a winning NL Hold'em full-ring tournament player (i.e., tournaments with real money buy-ins). And, don't mix in other forms of poker, i.e., no Omaha and definitely no OMHL/PLO8.

You can win a lot playing cash AND can also lose a lot very quickly if you aren't very proficient at the game.

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away from the cash games and stick with what is making you money...just my two cents..

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe ACR cash games are just too difficult past $10 NL. Im a impulsive sucker to them especially when the tournament scene is dry and I am bored.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to tell...

What limits did you play ?
It's easy to lose $600 quickly when you play $2/$4 games....

Maybe You need to adjust your playing style. In MTTs You get
paid off with monsters more often in my experience, because the
rising blinds force more players to take higher risks at some point.

In cash games You will often win less with these hands, so You must
extract the maximum possible from pots You win with the lower end of
your range.

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep easy to lose monies

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to tell...

What limits did you play ?
It's easy to lose $600 quickly when you play $2/$4 games....

Maybe You need to adjust your playing style. In MTTs You get
paid off with monsters more often in my experience, because the
rising blinds force more players to take higher risks at some point.

In cash games You will often win less with these hands, so You must
extract the maximum possible from pots You win with the lower end of
your range.

Up to $0.50/$1 but usually $.10/$0.25. Its a signif amount of BBs

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'v gone from $0 to $991 on ACR last two weeks playing online freerolls then MTTs then losing in cash. I'm down to $300 exactly. Just angry never being a winning player on online cash. I understand you are suppose to only filter for profitable hands and situations but I keep losing on cash. I was not able to get banned from cash games dont know why I even play them.:motz: Thoughts on how better to play Omaha cash and NLH HU cash?

Agree with some of the posts above...

MTTs - Omaha cash - NLH HU cash - are all different animals.

Can't tell you how to better play them because we don't know how you play them at all - except for the losses.

For profit - narrow your game selection to those that are working for you.

For fun keep playing all the games you want. Maybe drop down in limits?

Please let us know if this turns around for you and how you did it.

Good luck !
Good luck !

S

SnagginOut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands did you play in those 2 weeks? I can't imagine it's very many. You need a LOT of hands (as in millions) to start narrowing in on your true winrate. Could just be variance. I'm a winning $100NL 6-max cash player (or used to be at least, before Black Friday), and I had multiple 100,000 hand break-even stretches. Sample size is a really big deal. It's really impossible to determine if someone's a winning player or not unless you have millions of hands on them, and even then, variance will take its toll. I know the math's been done on 2+2, but the point is, you need millions and millions of hands before variance no longer plays a factor in your winrate.

Also, are you multi-tabling? I find that I tend to lose when switching from MTT's (where I'm usually firing up a bunch of tables and mindlessly grinding until I get deep) to Cash games, where you really need to focus on no more than 4 or 6 tables. 6 is probably pushing it. 4 or less is good because it allows you to get a "feel" for the game flow, who's on a rush, who's tilting, who's trying to present a certain table image, etc.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're making that much on freerolls/tourneys just stick to them. Whatever your strategy is it won't work the same for a cash game and mixing your disciplines probably is not helping you out at all.

Personally, cash games make me feel like a god when I'm up and like a worthless piece of crap when I'm losing. Emotional rollercoaster! Problem is that it is possible to play +EV and have terrible runs, so if you can't handle the variance it just ruins you seeing your cash bankroll dwindle before your eyes after a bad session or a few of them. Consequently I've given them up and am sticking to tourneys.

I find that I get less upset when I bust out of a tourney, so I'm less inclined to tilt. Tilt can get costly quickly playing cash and I find it strikes me much harder playing cash too, it is easier to shrug and walk away from the laptop when I bust out of a tourney without getting furious and upset.