If you only had a one-time $5 bankroll

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! Here I bring you a challenge, to encourage your imagination :). You only have 5 dollars in your life to play online poker and if you lose them you can never play again. How would you play them?

I think in 50 cents MTT

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play freerolls as well. Maybe the .10 tourneys. But mostly freerolls

F

FuncrusherPlus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls and the cheapest sngs available. The rake in penny cash games would keep me away from those.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think maybe he means there would be no freerolls available. And perhaps no site promotions as well. If this was the case I would play 25 cent spin and gos.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Free tournaments on the game can only increase your bankroll in any case, $ 5 will remain with you.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
11c sngs and free rolls until I am rolled to move up.

S

Sick_Wolf11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play smallest stakes possible i started with 10 dollars and built it to $100 with two $1 mtts

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Here I bring you a challenge, to encourage your imagination :). You only have 5 dollars in your life to play online poker and if you lose them you can never play again. How would you play them?

I think in 50 cents MTT

I probably would have gone VA-Bank, I see no reason to torment yourself for so long playing micro limits

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tourbo 6 hand and triple up sit n go

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think in 50 cents MTT
In my case, the less money I have in my accounts, the more Tight I play, then I would do that, play very bieb and carefully with the only objective of increasing my bank but not losing anything, that is to say if I win 1 USD and I retire by The doubts!

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play the donkey dime which is a 11 cent buy in play that until i bink a couple tourneys then I would move up to the 55 cent on demands tourneys play those until i binked a couple and so on.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have lost it in a day and blamed myself for the rest of my life.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I would do it and play a $ 5-buy in tournament​

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
blackjack. Wait. I mean $1 sit-n go.
I have turned $5 into $500 several times. It usually takes a while.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Micro Tourneys FTW

I think in 50 cents MTT

Play the Micro Tourney Events 0.05 - 0.15 buy-in. Would allow you to play several events per day while note taking tendencies on opponents who frequent those events. Just one final table would 3x your $5.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play 1c step 1 tourneys, 500 games, and lots of chances to move up :)

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls, and maybe .25 SnG, and .10 MTTs that had at least $100 GTD

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
With such pressure on me I would not make correct decision.

The best poker you will play is when you are having fun and your poker bankroll has zero to little chance of busting from playing one tourney or one cash game buyin.

So $5 is too small to start off with. You need around $50. Play Cardschat freerolls build bankroll, learn from great strategy articles and experience in playing in games until you have around $50. Then start playing.

Note I am not advising you to try below but it is what I would do.
If I take question on face value and I cannot play freerolls or build bankroll from anything else my answer would be one $5 Spin n Go on Stars. I would have an improbable but non zero chance of winning $2M. But what I am looking for is a 3X or 5X multiplier. Win that and then I look to 6/8 of next spins. That would get me close to $50 to get started.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management