I maybe caught 2 players cheating

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to tell you my story, and waiting your review on it.

I played some spin&go, and make my shot to a 100$ one.
There I was faced with two polish people. Who have the same profil picture too.

So back in the time, I was thinking about joining in a staking group. But in my country, they mainly offer spin&go staking and education. It means that at certain levels you have to play X games daily or weekly. People are putted into levels by their coaches, where they can be the most profitable. They even analise hands and situations together. So even if its not mentioned, but they can share infos about their opponents easily. And you can think about how much doors are opened by following this path.

But... as you are reaching higher and higher levels, there are not so many players. Like in the 100$ spin you have to wait seconds till it put you in the game. So the chances to be with your friend at the same table is not so little.
First hand. I was UTG, folded, and SB went all-in, BB called.
SB: K9o
BB: A4o

I'm not really a friend of going all-in with K9o first hand especially at this level. But as they both did it, one of them did have exactly a doubled-stack then me. And all I could think that if they are part of a staking group, can it be possible that they cooperate with each other to make an early double-up and isolate me from chipleading?

This is just a theory, I couldn't say 100% that they were cheating, but definitely worth to overthink the possibility.
What do you think? Were they unlucky to play against each other, or if they do play against each other, they will shove to make one of them a favorable position?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While it would give the one player the advantage going to heads up why would they want to risk a buy in each to win just 1/2 buy in. While its possible you caught something it just does not seem to logical over all.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The "type" of player you will find in Spin n Go's will tend to be on the "gambler" side,,,,so you will find some aggressive plays,,, :deal: Just the nature of the beast.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably put my thinking not the best way here.
So lets say they are part of a staking group and they have to play 200 games on a week at the level of 100$, where there are not so many players playing.
We are talking about spin&go flash, where an early double-up can give you a kind of big advantage.

Can they have an agreement that if they are draw to play against each other (obviously the prize is winning most of the times only by only one player), they will try to double-up only themselves and if one of them.reach first place, split up the prize?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I don't think it's like that, maybe it seemed like that, but from my point of view, I think it just happened by chance and in those games it's luck too ... more than skill is not like in tournaments or cash tables and if it has double of chips that your obvious that they are going to put pressure !! Greetings

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It might be possible, but still would be very stupid by them. There are better ways to collude. You could watch the tables of $100 at this specific time and maybe you'll see them again, because if it's about the staking, they would do this frequently.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only poker schools or cartels play spin and go in +
they just share the total profit for everyone every month

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so! It seems rather casual

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that games of this format are just a lottery, where your skills and abilities do not matter much. Everything is in fact decided by your luck or the luck of your opponents.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it was purely coincidental with the 2 players

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, it must be just a coincidence that they are both polish and have the same avatar. I think they are just both polish donks who wants to donk each other.
Lol. [emoji23]

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, it must be just a coincidence that they are both polish and have the same avatar. I think they are just both polish donks who wants to donk each other.
Lol. [emoji23]
Oh brother! That was good and bad at the same time.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am wondering how you did in that game. Did you win? Did it get you frustrated and lose your edge?
Over all, how did you react?

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. What happenned after that opening hand? lol

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well is sth stinks like sh*** most (all?) of the times it is sh** :)

I have read many stories with colludors , not fictional stories , true , with evidence ,and also in high stakes poker there are countless of this kind scum colluding incidents , so in 100$ spins , for two guys to collude , well I do not beleive it's imposssible or that it's rare , like the solar eclipse kind of , lol

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could look at your hud or sharkscope and see if they play together a bunch and what their results looked like when they play to together and when they play apart.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Those two players can be one and the same person. Tell the support about that case. It`s easy for them to find players,who are not fair.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a coincidence and nothing else)

T

Thedoncmp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find if people don’t like the spin they will play super loose and aggressive.
I tend to stay away from this type of game unless it’s like 2$

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had information that these two players really know each other and belong to the same school, then there would be a serious reason to contact the security service. But since you do not know anything about this, then consider it a mere coincidence.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks bad at the start but....hard to say.
Like someone else stated, it is a type of tourney where you need to double up fast. But same pic and all?
I would tell support and let them figure it out.
I had caught two players before, and reported them. In this case I did win, but one of them came in second. I reported for the other players, it was very very long ago and PS handled it and refunded everyone's buy in ( even though I won).

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to tell you my story, and waiting your review on it.

I played some spin&go, and make my shot to a 100$ one.
There I was faced with two polish people. Who have the same profil picture too.

So back in the time, I was thinking about joining in a staking group. But in my country, they mainly offer spin&go staking and education. It means that at certain levels you have to play X games daily or weekly. People are putted into levels by their coaches, where they can be the most profitable. They even analise hands and situations together. So even if its not mentioned, but they can share infos about their opponents easily. And you can think about how much doors are opened by following this path.

But... as you are reaching higher and higher levels, there are not so many players. Like in the 100$ spin you have to wait seconds till it put you in the game. So the chances to be with your friend at the same table is not so little.
First hand. I was UTG, folded, and SB went all-in, BB called.
SB: K9o
BB: A4o

I'm not really a friend of going all-in with K9o first hand especially at this level. But as they both did it, one of them did have exactly a doubled-stack then me. And all I could think that if they are part of a staking group, can it be possible that they cooperate with each other to make an early double-up and isolate me from chipleading?

This is just a theory, I couldn't say 100% that they were cheating, but definitely worth to overthink the possibility.
What do you think? Were they unlucky to play against each other, or if they do play against each other, they will shove to make one of them a favorable position?
I have experienced soft play and chip feeding in sit&go tournaments. So blatant I caught it on my obs and reported it to the site.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even in a winner takes all format, having twice as many chips will only dubble your chance of cashing, so there would be nothing gained from this kind of collusion. What you actually need to look out for is the exact opposite in formats, which pay more than one place. If for instance people collude in a 6-man or 9-man SnG, they will do it by trying to keep their buddy alive, so that ideally they can both cash in the tournament.

This could be by "chip dumping", if one of them has a significantly larger stack than the other, or by softplaying to avoid busting each other out, when stacks are relatively equal. If two players never seem to get involved in big pots and rarely go to showdown against each other, but they are way more aggressive against other players with similar stacks, thats a red flag. It would then be reasonable to monitor them closely and perhaps avoid registrering to SnGs, where they are already waiting together.