Can I look in charts officially while playing?

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made for myself range charts in Excel. I want to look at them while playing at pokerstars but I asking that question above in general, about any online poker room.

PokerStars tells that I can use charts as long as they're "static". But I affraid that since Excel is a powerfull calculating tool, even through I used it only as a convenient table creator, I can become suspicious to PokerStars admins. I doubt that the presumption of innocence would work in this case.
So I think I'll move my charts to Word and look upon them here.
But can I do that while playing online at all? Officially and Proudly. Or it's cheating?
Even if that 0.00...1% posibility of "misunderstanding" from a room side I don't want to risk it.
Maybe it depends on a money at stake?
Let's say I'm headsuping at wsop final table, can I make a peek in my charts real quick?

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you are violating PokerStars rule because, as you say, you only have a table of information that for all intents and purposes is static--it never changes.

Moving the table to Word does not remove the calculating aspect because Word has calculation capability too.

Maybe they don't want you to use a program that generates each table you use, although that could be argued to be static because the table is the same every time the program generates it.

As for the WSOP, you'd have to look at their rules. Some sites are banning aids altogether.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's bad enough that Stars is searching our computers for software on their "banned" list. Them banning Excel would be a HUGE overstep! I think it's fair to say you're safe from Big Daddy with either Excel or Word.

That said, I'm going to fire up Excel next time I play on Stars just to confirm.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tried today. Haven't been banned yet, which is a good thing since I won.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made for myself range charts in Excel. I want to look at them while playing at PokerStars but I asking that question above in general, about any online poker room.

PokerStars tells that I can use charts as long as they're "static". But I affraid that since Excel is a powerfull calculating tool, even through I used it only as a convenient table creator, I can become suspicious to PokerStars admins. I doubt that the presumption of innocence would work in this case.
So I think I'll move my charts to Word and look upon them here.
But can I do that while playing online at all? Officially and Proudly. Or it's cheating?
Even if that 0.00...1% posibility of "misunderstanding" from a room side I don't want to risk it.
Maybe it depends on a money at stake?
Let's say I'm headsuping at WSOP final table, can I make a peek in my charts real quick?

You can absolutely "look" at charts. You are not violating any terms of service. You cannot use a real time program to help you with decision making. People that do not even understand the game are now telling people what is NOT allowed. This is getting crazy that you would even think you cannot use a hand range chart that you created. Gee wiz !!! Do not worry, what you are doing is called studying your play and improving your game