I just got accused of cheating LOL

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A player who often likes to talk in chat - just told me he has reported me to ACR for cheating.

Since I'm pretty new to this scene - only been playing about 1.5 years so far, and I decided early on not to use a HUD - I thought his comment was SOOOOO ridiculous - and SOOO FUNNY.

Other than the poker clients - some 3D software now and then - and the occasional multi-tabbed browser window - with the youtubes and emails open - I do not run anything else. Never have and never will.

I have - at times - had a picture of a range chart - for 6-Max games - because those are WILD WILD WEST, but other than that - I have never used any type of assistance - software - or anything else to help me play.

I ended up telling the guy - thanks for the compliment - and it might be possible he is making an excuse on why he might not win against me - other than maybe I might be just a little better than him. I told him in a bit harsher terms - because it's actually quite crappy to accuse someone of cheating.

I asked him to report back when they have finished the investigation - and let me know what they say - because I know for FACT, I don't cheat - and any type of investigation will result in no faults noted.

Anyone else ever experience someone accusing you of cheating before?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Dont know since apart from stars (and 888) i barely play in sites where chat available and even then this is probably switched off ...

Still i do have seen some people talking all kind of things about me in cc events and i still dont care about what they just said :bebored:

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely check ACR chat since it is so small based on the table sizing. I notice chat more on Betonline (POP UP Window) or Global Poker show "unread" message number when you have chat closed.

I have not accused of cheating via a player in chat.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
... I ended up telling the guy - thanks for the compliment - and it might be possible he is making an excuse on why he might not win against me - other than maybe I might be just a little better than him. I told him in a bit harsher terms - bIecause it's actually quite crappy to accuse someone of cheating.

I asked him to report back when they have finished the investigation - and let me know what they say - because I know for FACT, I don't cheat - and any type of investigation will result in no faults noted.

Good comeback! And you're right - he's definitely feeling dominated.

I've been accused a few times (3 I think) mostly because I sometimes go a little overboard with the chat. It's hard to express your real intent (i.e., just joking around) in a chat box when you're not a great typist, and you're also trying to pay attention to the play at this one table plus the others that you're playing, and the guy accusing you of cheating is a little high strung.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know that you never done anything wrong there's nothing to worry about. :)
I've never been accused of cheating by other player, but I also always hide the chat. I learned with time that the chat is useless, unless you are playing a friendly game, otherwise 90% of the time is a player complaining about some other player.

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that it is the first time that I hear this, an embarrassment of that rival of yours who had to accuse you of cheating, one can use all the possible tools, but from there to cheat in a game of this type of applications where it is of the more reliable, the truth, a moron.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah - the more and more I thought about it - the more silly it seemed. Thought - since this guy like to talk crap often - this might be his way of trying to frazzle me. But its a TOTAL COMPLIMENT if you think about it.
He said "nobody is that good".
I can't remember the last time I played with him - but I must have left an impression. lol - like my boot on his forehead impression.

Anyway - I went ahead afterwards and cashed in 4 events I was playing in this evening - so jokes on him. Using nothing but good ol solid fundamentals, a little deceptive bluffing, and diligent note taking.

Thanks again.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wait a minute. YOUR CHAT WORKS?!?!?!

Chat hasn't worked for me (and I assumed everyone else) for MONTHS!

Last edited by a moderator:
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait a minute. YOUR CHAT WORKS ON ACR?!?!?!

Chat hasn't worked for me (and I assumed everyone else) for MONTHS!

LOL right!
Yeah - about 2 updates ago - it seemed the chat wasn't working for me either - so I clicked on the two paper icons tab - the pop up chat box tab, and on that popup there are radial buttons to show/hide player and observer chat. There are two others also - dealer chat and winning hand summary. I have both observer and player chat selected, and chat works.

I don't use it much - but monitor it when I see a player on my table that - lets say - plays with a chip. :)

Of all the clients ACR chat is the worst - but it is useful for targeting. :)

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player who often likes to talk in chat - just told me he has reported me to ACR for cheating.

Since I'm pretty new to this scene - only been playing about 1.5 years so far, and I decided early on not to use a HUD - I thought his comment was SOOOOO ridiculous - and SOOO FUNNY.

Other than the poker clients - some 3D software now and then - and the occasional multi-tabbed browser window - with the youtubes and emails open - I do not run anything else. Never have and never will.

I have - at times - had a picture of a range chart - for 6-Max games - because those are WILD WILD WEST, but other than that - I have never used any type of assistance - software - or anything else to help me play.

I ended up telling the guy - thanks for the compliment - and it might be possible he is making an excuse on why he might not win against me - other than maybe I might be just a little better than him. I told him in a bit harsher terms - because it's actually quite crappy to accuse someone of cheating.

Wear this one with honor! :D

That's a new badge for sure. In fact, they should give you a bonus! :D :D

I've never been accused of cheating, but been called an assh*le many times once I tilt and build a stack. Unfortunately it's a tilt-stack so it goes away just as quickly.

Anyway, congrats! HAHAHAA!

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup, only in freerolls though when I go all in with like 73 preflop and catch the straight. Kind of funny really.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No I have not been called a cheater before. One player said I was a bot player a few years ago. I'm like you I don't use a HUD or anything besides the notes that I keep online in the notes on each player that I take myself. You should be PROUD that someone thinks you're a cheater it means you doing something right.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing a sit and go yesterday. The chip leader was way ahead till I doubled up at his expense. I later knocked him out and eventually took 2nd place (on a flip). He (now an observer) was deriding me and the other player (who took 1st) continuously from the moment I knocked him out til the game ended.

He didn't say I was cheating. He did say the other player and I (1st and 2nd place) were clueless, bad players.

So - take everything people say in chat with a grain of salt.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Dont give attention to chat at all and enjoy the game

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a sit and go yesterday. The chip leader was way ahead till I doubled up at his expense. I later knocked him out and eventually took 2nd place (on a flip). He (now an observer) was deriding me and the other player (who took 1st) continuously from the moment I knocked him out til the game ended.

He didn't say I was cheating. He did say the other player and I (1st and 2nd place) were clueless, bad players.

So - take everything people say in chat with a grain of salt.

I love when stuff like this happens. I was in a tourney one evening when something similar happened to me. I was down to about 8xBB when a player did something that I had been seeing more and more around that time. He raised (actually went all-in) from UTG with a mediocre hand, knowing that other players at the table would give him credit for a much stronger hand, because we're told you need a stronger hand to play from earlier position. I was so sure of my read on the situation that when the table folded around to me, I called him with K-8 from the button. I was correct. He had shoved with J-6. I made 8s on the flop, which ended up holding up. Not only did I double through him, but I crippled him leaving him with 4xBB going into the BB. He was knocked out in the next, a couple spots before the bubble.

His reaction was immediate. He began berating me as soon as the hand was over and chat was enabled. He followed me from table to table, all the way to the final table. The pattern became familiar. At each new table someone would ask what he was complaining about. Someone else would explain it and the whole table would tell this guy to shut up and go away. Rather than question my call, most people questioned his shove. In fact I never needed to say anything in my defense. But when I went out in third place and he was there pointing out my third place finish as evidence of how terrible I played. He said he was going to put green tag on me. I told him to go ahead, put it your notes and make sure you tell all of your friends how bad I play too. But be sure to leave out the part about how I had you figured out and picked off your weak move. That way they will be as surprised as you when it happens to them.

As far as being called a cheater, don't even sweat that. You should get a laugh out of how silly that guy is is going to look making those unsubstantiated claims. But he's not even likely to do it. He likely just blowing off steam. That's the way some players are. When they are doing well, it's because of how brilliant they are and how awesome they play. When they lose, it's because someone got lucky, or the site is rigged, or because of the RNG, someone cheated, or the game is rigged against them. Oh snap! I just realized you must have been playing against TherealDonaldTrump.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been told ugly about him in chat before, but I don’t deal with that sort of thing. And you can turn off chat on Stars anyway if you're bothered by what's being written about you.

S

StickyAf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if anyone is all in acr chat will disregard your message. So sometimes its a timing issue.

Never accused of cheating, but I have been followed for hours a couple times like mentioned above. Sad losers. I've had death threats in the box. I'll never turn that box off. Its more fun than the poker going on sometimes ;). Its also makes me play better, and when I'm laughing, I just seem to hit more hands. Cry babies are like fuel for me. :D

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought about it for a moment, laughed, and answered "1011010" in chat. :)
I see you play on BOL. That seems to be the common theme on that client. Ya win they call you a bot. I'll say this though of all the clients (US friendly sites) BOL has the best chat features. We always seem to have an enjoyable time in the CC events, and it is great to scope the mood of other players.
The other common theme on BOL is folding for 55 minutes, finally get a playable hand, and someone shoves on you with AAs. Loosen up stack dwindles, tighten up no hands to play for an hour, then you play one and it's for either 2bb or all the marbles.
Lol - oh well - I guess I'll figure it out some day.

T

TongueLashin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember the old Full Tilt Commercial

I see you play on BOL. That seems to be the common theme on that client. Ya win they call you a bot. I'll say this though of all the clients (US friendly sites) BOL has the best chat features. We always seem to have an enjoyable time in the CC events, and it is great to scope the mood of other players.
P.S. I take a Phil Helmuth approach and let opponents steal all sorts of pots from me (probably) but this causes them to get greedy, overzealous, and entitled just when the blinds are starting to raise up. This ensures you will catch more than fingertips in the cookie jar down the road, you may get the whole right arm! You get more in 1 hand than same guy took from you in 12 hands.
The other common theme on BOL is folding for 55 minutes, finally get a playable hand, and someone shoves on you with AAs. Loosen up stack dwindles, tighten up no hands to play for an hour, then you play one and it's for either 2bb or all the marbles.
Lol - oh well - I guess I'll figure it out some day.

"How we play depends on you". Most of the players at BoL in micro games will give you action. Generally just bet your hand like you mean it and lay on brakes when scare cards come out. Only draw for nut hands and when you are 98% sure the cards you need make it so you can hit the gas again. Rarely, do I find a table that snap folds everytime I raise. In those situations I will have to catch something on opponent. Seek to call tight players in position with middle suited connectors and hit a jackpot on them. They will probably go ahead and stick themselves in pot for you! Just remember that opponent started with a big hand and do not let yourself forget that. Good luck.

Last edited:
Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When people lose they don't like to admit it might be because they are a weak and/or losing players. Haters are gonna hate and calling the winners a "Cheater" are one of the many ways they like to express themselves.
I'd just take it as a compliment.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is surely going to get him riled up

So - this hand just happened vs the Villain who says I'm a cheater. I'm sure it will cement his thoughts on the matter - but just so funny it happened against him - I had to share.

I open UTG J/T s (spades) - kinda loose, but - meh - gonna play it here.
Villain min-3bets on the button - so yep - gonna make the call here. Easy call since it's a min-3bet and a lot of players think their button is sacred ground lately 3betting light, so this is an easy call.

Flop is 99K, two spades so I decide to lead here to build the pot, I have a marginal flush draw and back door straight draw - so I'm gonna see this one through, and see if I can get paid.

To my surprise Villain re-raises me here. I think for a sec - doubt he has a 9 - thinking a good player would just call a 9 down, so he may have A/K here with the Ace of spades.
Lets see - I 3bet him (not sure on the exact bet sizes) and he just calls the 3bet.
I'm feeling confident he has a K and possibly the Ace of spades.

Turn is the very welcome 8 of spades. I've hit the flush and even have a straight flush draw now, so gonna take this one all the way here. If he happens to make a bigger flush - I'm cool with rebuying.
I bet out like 3/4 pot leaving myself about a 3/4 pot size behind to shove on the river, but to my surprise again - the Villain shoves his entire stack here. I'm never folding so lets see, but before I call - I try to range the villain one more time. I guess he could have 8/9 for a boat, or possibly T/J like me, but I'm still leaning towards he has K/A with the Ace of spades.

I make the shove call - and surprise - Villain turns over pocket KKs. His boat is crushing my flush,,,, until the beautiful river comes in Q of spades, for the one outter straight flush. :eek::cool::cool::cool: :)

Yep - and now I'm sure WPN has received another "HE'S CHEATING" message - lol.
As if I dealt the cards myself or somehow knew the straight flush was coming in.

Anyway - thought it was amusing, Name blurred to hide the players identity.

Attachments

• StrtFlushBeatsNutBoat_12Sep20_NameBlur.jpg
    StrtFlushBeatsNutBoat_12Sep20_NameBlur.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 39