I just can't trust Online poker...

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never had any problems with the big sites, however it's important to consider deposits as expenses as there's no guarantee that you'll make a profit. Anyway, you can always play freerolls.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play

i dont play for profit just for fun.:p

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why wouldn't you play online there's absolutely no issues with getting screwed over, well ok so the government can like in the US when they changed the laws years ago or Russians getting shut out. But if your not financially stable this is the best way to play. Play small and play smart 888 or stars. I gamble from micro to huge roulette spins and have never been screwed ever from an online gambling site

I was looking at this $350 added tourney we're having at pokerstars and wish i could join you guys
I have no problem with putting my money on the line when it comes to poker
but i just can't bring myself to put money online
i mean i've had money in paypal and bought things through eBay - i know it's a different situation entirely - and have been screwed over several times, so it's kinda scared me out of that type of shit
if this tourney was a local brick and mortar tourney i'd be in it in a split second
anyways I just don't see myself putting cash online until i've become really financially stable...which probably won't be for a while lol
anyone else have or had the same problem?

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So far I haven't had any problems with the sites, neither to deposit nor to withdraw, I've made several transactions on PS and PP without any problem

"Poker is an unpredictable game, with the turn of one card you can become a millionaire. And with the turn of the second card you can become a beggar"

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hey,
That must be frustrating.
You can play only freerolls and build a bankroll out of that.
It won't be easy, but it's 0 investement.
And if you grow a big enough bankroll, it can become a new source of income.
But, for that you have to be good, you have to be better than average at least, otherwise don't waste your time. Unless you spend it on studying and learning from the infinite poker knowledge on the internet.

Gl at the tables

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12 replies in 22 years and over 40 in one month 22 years later :p

Go chuckT ;)

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stars & 888 both are good for freerolls.If you lose your bankroll ,then u can win it back through freerolls.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
please try a live event and you will feel the difference... it will seem different and probably better
Yeah I'm really looking forward to the first time I play live - where I am playing ONE single table - and I'm being dealt ONE hand every 5 minutes. How exciting that is going to feel, compared to online where, as an example yesterday I was 10 tabling while ITM on 3 tables and on final table on another.

Seriously - how do live players not go comatose from sheer boredom? I'm really anxious to play live - but I think ill be board to tears with the pace of play.

Don't deposit. Qualify for all the Cardschat freerolls and build a bankroll using them.
You will also have to build a very good knowledge on how to play Hold'em. That takes study and time. It won't happen over night.

Just start with freerolls and use the money you win to play in buyins, if you ever have "too" much money in your account just make a withdrawal.

Most sites require a modest one time deposit to be able to withdraw any winnings. ACR is one of the few exceptions were you do not have to deposit to withdraw.

Interestingly enough I was just speaking to a fellow CC member who is having issues getting winnings from a certain site - because he has always refused to make a minimum deposit. I have never had a problem withdrawing on any site (except intertops because they have shady play through rules for freeroll earnings) because I decided to make minimum deposits on all the sites I play .

SwC Seals With Clubs is another site that does not require a one time deposit.

If anyone is playing online poker for profit, rather than just for fun, it's smart to look up the min deposit requirements for each site and make those - so when you have a nice score you can withdraw without complications.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a pretty old thread. :hmmmm:

But for sure, if someone doesn’t want to invest in online poker, they have good freerolls out there to learn and maybe build a bankroll.

Good luck.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost confidence in online poker a long time ago and now I only play tournaments with a small buy in

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this was one of the most difficult questions that ran through my fat, but I made sure that it was healthy, and I am now in poker stars and everything is fine and safe.

EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really don't trust it because sometimes we have the best cards and out of nowhere the opponent with disconnected cards beats you since you know that no one would pay that hand with the cards they pay.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I trust online poker, especially PS as they really aim at game fairness, i.e. I believe it's as real as in person. So in my opinion you should trust them

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chuck, you just have to come and tell us how you're doing right now):D

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Modern online poker is not as easy to beat as it used to be.To succeed at poker these days,you have to be willing to work hard both at the tables and off. I think it is obvious to everyone that if you play with the wrong strategy,then in the long run you will not be able to play win in modern realities.Your results will directly depend on who you play with.If you decide to play against strong players,then expect meager results;if against the weak-expect good results.

Kiryl

Kiryl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Green poker

I mostly play cash at fast tables where you are less likely to get scammed.