was I in the wrong

here4theparty07

here4theparty07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PLaying at a table on full tilt poker and in my hand I have ace 6 suited a player bets all in with 759 ( mind you he has been going all in since he sat) so I call as well as 2 other players. the flop brings in an A 2 and 6 so I have first bet so being the smallest of the 3 i bet 300 in turn they call.
on the turn comes a 6. I know have a boat so bet 500 in turn they call. Of course I win.... The girl in the hand said I should have never bet cause someone was all in. Am I wrong with this play?:confused:

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you were not wrong at all. You most likely had the best hand on the flop. You were very like to beat the all in guy. On the turn when you made a fh you would be crazy not to try to get as much money in the pot as you can. Normally people check it down with someone allin, unless someone makes a strong hand. If you make a full house you should always try to get value unless you think you might be beat.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLaying at a table on full tilt poker and in my hand I have ace 6 suited a player bets all in with 759 ( mind you he has been going all in since he sat) so I call as well as 2 other players. the flop brings in an A 2 and 6 so I have first bet so being the smallest of the 3 i bet 300 in turn they call.
on the turn comes a 6. I know have a boat so bet 500 in turn they call. Of course I win.... The girl in the hand said I should have never bet cause someone was all in. Am I wrong with this play?:confused:

we have discussed this before no reason to again, search forum.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. Just sore losers. There is an old-school unwritten rule that you check down to eliminate a short stack all in but that rule is rarely heeded nowadays, especially online. What you did was perfectly legal and IMHO no longer a question of etiquette these days, though some may disagree.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you were not wrong at all. You most likely had the best hand on the flop. You were very like to beat the all in guy. On the turn when you made a fh you would be crazy not to try to get as much money in the pot as you can. Normally people check it down with someone allin, unless someone makes a strong hand. If you make a full house you should always try to get value unless you think you might be beat.

pedroman pretty much answered everything :D and also this is online and not a live tourney. and I'm pretty sure it wasnt $1000 buy in either and even there i would have done same as u. so nice job and nice hand

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The girl was probably talking about checking it down.
It happens to me alot, when a player is allin and they get 2 or 3 callers, the players usually check it down to eliminate the other player.
I do this, but i bet when i have a real good hand obviously to try to win the pot.
Then i get people at the end of the hand going crazy, saying i should of checked it down. I just tell them to SHUT THE F**K RIGHT UP.
I think that they just want a showdown for free.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have discussed this before no reason to again, search forum.
To put it in a nicer way: For more on this topic, use the search function above to search the word "etiquette", etc.

A new member with 9 posts may need a little guidance in figuring this place out. We're here to help you, H4TP. Welcome to the forum.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To put it in a nicer way: For more on this topic, use the search function above to search the word "etiquette", etc.

A new member with 9 posts may need a little guidance in figuring this place out. We're here to help you, H4TP. Welcome to the forum.

thats what I said. :rolleyes:

here4theparty07

here4theparty07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry my miss spelling was the reason I could find nothing on the topic and thank you for helpin:eek:

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry my miss spelling was the reason I could find nothing on the topic and thank you for helpin:eek:

dont be sorry just dont freaking do it again!!!! :p

thats a joke Stick calm down, dont worry about it most people post questions that could be answered with the search feature. What I posted is my default answer if the thread has been started more then 2 times in under a month, nother personal at all, welcome to forum.