I haven't deposited a single dollar into the account for a month (00.00) is it bad?

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
being an old player at pokerstars, having also taken school at that time, now after more than 10 years I run into superstitions. When I put in a lot of money and lose a few days, when I don't get the feeling that I almost succeeded...😔I don't have any results no matter how much I insist. What do you think?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is way more likely that when you out in a lot of money you play more carelessly or don't factor in the difference in playing real money vs freerolls. (that is not meant to be an insult - many of us have been guilty of that).

If you want to play for real money either deposit small amounts and play carefully or win free money in our freerolls and use that to play for real money. :)

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It is way more likely that when you out in a lot of money you play more carelessly or don't factor in the difference in playing real money vs freerolls. (that is not meant to be an insult - many of us have been guilty of that).

If you want to play for real money either deposit small amounts and play carefully or win free money in our freerolls and use that to play for real money. :)
and even better just win money in freerolls and withdraw them😅

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

I just put in some money and ended up tripling or more at spin and go but when I play in freerolls (and I think I know poker well) I have no chance. I'm experiencing exactly the phases that everyone complains about everyone

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I just put in some money and ended up tripling or more at spin and go but when I play in freerolls (and I think I know poker well) I have no chance. I'm experiencing exactly the phases that everyone complains about everyone
spin and go is roulette. at the beginning of march i played 5$ spin and go i won 60$ in 20 minutes. the next day i was bored i went to play again and lost 80$😅

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Well i havent deposited to stars for 2.5 years i think so no (it's not bad) :unsure:

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
spin and go is roulette. at the beginning of march i played 5$ spin and go i won 60$ in 20 minutes. the next day i was bored i went to play again and lost 80$😅
That's exactly what I'm saying, I know the feeling 👍😉

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

That's exactly what I'm saying, I know the feeling 👍😉
by the way, since I am a very gambling person 3 years ago, I myself asked pokerstars to block my spin and go. they blocked my spin and go for 1 year. Now I'm thinking of doing the same. if you are also a gambler and you have problems with this, you can ask pokerstars to close your access to spin and go

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Well i havent deposited to stars for 2.5 years i think so no (it's not bad) :unsure:
I just asked a rhetorical question. Don't you think that the world involved must win something after all? Otherwise, I don't think anyone would take care of the business. The question is how much we are willing to lose let's be ok

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically there are two ways to approach poker:

1) The recreational way
2) The professional or semi-professional way

If you decide, that poker is your hobby, and you just want to have some fun, then the first step is to decide on a budget. PokerStars allow players to set daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits. This is a very good idea, so that you dont randomly change your mind about the budget after a losing session. And when this is done, then you simply play, what gives you the most fun. If you win some money, then thats great, because now maybe you dont need to deposit next month. But winning is not the goal or the expectation.

If you want to play in the semi-professional way, then the first step is to study and improve, for instance by taking the CC 30 day course. Then you should give yourself a reasonable starting bankroll like 100$ and select a game format, that you want to play. This should be something, which involve playing "real poker" on all streets, but which is not to complex or time committing. So on one side you need to avoid any kind of hyper-turbos including spins, but you also need to avoid large field MTTs.

On PokerStars the best place to start is either 2NL cash tables (regular not Zoom) or the 1$ 18-45 man "on demand" SnGs. Then you grind these games, until you start winning and have build a bankroll, which is large enough to move up. Some reasonable and simple guidelines is to have at least the following number of buyins for the next limit, before you move up:

Cash games: 30 BIs
STTs: 50 BIs
MTTs: 100 BIs

The "on demand" SnGs are small MTTs, so here the 100 BI rule apply. But if you get tired of grinding only those games, you can start mixing in some 1,1$ MTTs and/or 2$ STTs, so that you get to try some different game formats. And then you just go from there. I build up a new bankroll last year starting with a 100$ deposit on PokerStars, and now after a little more than a year it sits around 3.500$.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
being an old player at PokerStars, having also taken school at that time, now after more than 10 years I run into superstitions. When I put in a lot of money and lose a few days, when I don't get the feeling that I almost succeeded...😔I don't have any results no matter how much I insist. What do you think?
Apparently, everyone has their own signs. But for me personally, it is a bad sign if I make a deposit more than once a year :)

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that you are not technically good, at the level of buys you play. But for that, you need to have a good sample of tournaments, to know how to identify if you are going through a bad phase or if the problem is your technical level. If it's a technical level, what you have to do is try to play where you have an advantage over other players, or try to improve your game.

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play freerolls if you win money you can choose cashout or play poker

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is definitely the last game mode you want to spend your bankroll on once you've deposited some money.
With Spin&Go you ALWAYS lose... at most you tie... or if you're lucky you get any rakeback if you play a lot.

You also need an upgrade in my opinion. Poker today is not what it used to be...
In your case, you need to learn how to manage your bankroll.
Set goals for losses and gains...
But obviously... it depends on what your poker goals are.

I recommend the course offered at CC, which despite being introductory makes us fully updated on modern poker.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
This is definitely the last game mode you want to spend your bankroll on once you've deposited some money.
With Spin&Go you ALWAYS lose... at most you tie... or if you're lucky you get any rakeback if you play a lot.

You also need an upgrade in my opinion. Poker today is not what it used to be...
In your case, you need to learn how to manage your bankroll.
Set goals for losses and gains...
But obviously... it depends on what your poker goals are.

I recommend the course offered at CC, which despite being introductory makes us fully updated on modern poker.
thank you very much for the advice, I was actually thinking of stopping by the school for an update, I think it will be useful. The biggest problem for me I think is that someone or something interrupts my game

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Not only did I not pay for the month, I did not pay 1+ for a year. I play free tournaments, so when I get something, then I play tournaments for cash.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Never a bad thing to not have too deposit lol. You never asked but a bit of advice from a long time Pokerstars player like yourself.

Long time Pokerstars player here and not sure what you play but I don't think you'll find anything softer or easier then Micro/low full ring cash tables. You may struggle to get a lot of volume as a rec player with likely limited time like me but you should able to beat 2nl and 5nl full tables pretty easy. I've been playing MTT's for years and years. My cash game is rusty, mostly based on old Harrington, 2+2 books and other good books of that time and I'm crushing 2nl and expect too crush 5nl as they both play pretty much the same from what I seeing.

If you wanted to spend a little bit of money on a course I'd recommend Peter Clarke's "From the Ground Up" course at runitoncepoker. For $50 you really can't go wrong and that's the newest thing I've study so far other then the book shelf of old poker books I'm currently looking at. Couple links below one's to Peter's course the other is too his free you tube channel so you can get a look at his style. For $50usd you really can't beat the price.

Cheers!!!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think a lot of players have been playing for many years and winning a very small amount of money but one day you can make a lot of money you just have to wait for this day:D

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's good, you've saved money that you could potentially contribute
about superstitions... a person has his own superstitions in everyday life, why they should not be in poker.. I also have my own superstitions in poker;)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think a lot of players have been playing for many years and winning a very small amount of money but one day you can make a lot of money you just have to wait for this day:D
Da,nu merge ca la phiholog 🤣🤣🤣(one day) Until then thank you and that's all 😅😅😅

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Never a bad thing to not have too deposit lol. You never asked but a bit of advice from a long time Pokerstars player like yourself.

Long time Pokerstars player here and not sure what you play but I don't think you'll find anything softer or easier then Micro/low full ring cash tables. You may struggle to get a lot of volume as a rec player with likely limited time like me but you should able to beat 2nl and 5nl full tables pretty easy. I've been playing MTT's for years and years. My cash game is rusty, mostly based on old Harrington, 2+2 books and other good books of that time and I'm crushing 2nl and expect too crush 5nl as they both play pretty much the same from what I seeing.

If you wanted to spend a little bit of money on a course I'd recommend Peter Clarke's "From the Ground Up" course at runitoncepoker. For $50 you really can't go wrong and that's the newest thing I've study so far other then the book shelf of old poker books I'm currently looking at. Couple links below one's to Peter's course the other is too his free you tube channel so you can get a look at his style. For $50usd you really can't beat the price.

Cheers!!!
it's great if you consider it as. good investment ($50) if I don't play them until then😉 or ten times. In principle, anything costs money the first time, I think it's marketing, I can lose if I'm not careful about it ..... there are others for free.
Head is still needed mind in it

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Why don´t you play freerolls instead ,mate?.Then,with your earnings you can play in some real money games

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
thank you very much for the advice, I was actually thinking of stopping by the school for an update, I think it will be useful. The biggest problem for me I think is that someone or something interrupts my game
One of my biggest problems at this moment is finding the time to play without interruptions. The good part is there are various ways around it. Cash games will allow you to leave anytime you need to. You can play for just 2 hands and leave no problem. If you dont think you can comit to a long tournement. SNG ones are great options and sizes, Many are done in under 2 hours at most.