B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In micro limits i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be an useful tool, however in higher buy-in tournaments i believe it becomes very important (especially if you play against the same players frequently)

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The short answer is yes you can succeed. All HUDs do is give you more info in online games. If you play live games and develope good observation skills, then huds mean less and less when you play onlie+ne.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the beginning of playing poker I have never played with HUD, I don't know how to use them either

M

mcbeaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In micro limits i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be an useful tool, however in higher buy-in tournaments i believe it becomes very important (especially if you play against the same players frequently)
Particularly in the micros, it's a tremendous tool. Not least in the fast zoom cash games, the HUDs filter you the weaknesses of the other players. Especially in the micros, the regs still have relatively big leaks that you can see. And the multiplayer fish flash mega brightly thanks to the HUDs. In the micros, you can sometimes even just play the HUD without looking at the cards.

Sicamous

Sicamous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Tried them in the past but now I play without them and just keep notes. I think it is of course beneficial to have them but I doubt it is necessary. Just play a solid game and keep notes.

If I were playing higher stakes, I'd probably use one tho. If allowed.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUD is not needed if you are playing fewer than 4 tables since you should observe your opponent and take notes on their tendencies. I would recommend HUD if you are grinding more than 4 tables for the sites that allow you to use a HUD. The HUD is another tool to review your hand history to determine leaks in your game.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't use HUD, do I have a chance to succeed and be successful in poker?
Hud, it helps a lot in online poker, but like every tool you have to know how to use it, if you don't know how to configure it correctly, it's more of a hindrance than a help.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Of course it helps but is not essential. If you think that you are at a disvantage try to take as many notes as you can.
Both, HUD and notes are most useful when you play regularly against the same players, or you are deep in a tournament.

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've donwloaded the HUD, condigured it, but unfortunnely I can't get to make it work.

I think it is an amazing tool, that can give a significative improve in your playing and get you an advantage on other players.

I'll keep trying to make the HUD work for me. Im very ansious to see the difference it'll bring to my game play.

Robbit

Robbit

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, If you're a beginner and don't know how to read the stats correctly, it's much better not to use HUDs for a long time.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont use HUD and im not looking for distractions with that info.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
HUD are OK but not as helpful as people think and hope. Yes they are good and keep your stats but if your not careful a HUD can hurt you big time.

Here are just 2 issue that makes HUD dangerous. One is it can takes thousands of hand to get honest useful information. Take 3 bets for example. A player may show 3 bets of 30 or 40 or 50%. This will let you know he is overplaying hands. Or is he? Depending on how many hand have been played and how many 3bet situations there have been he may of just ran super well and you did not know it. Take a VIP of 10 and you know you have a very tight player. Problem is he only have 60 hands and just running card dead or was sitting out and you did not realize it.

2nd issue is time. You never know when your going to play someone again. Say you play again a player with super lose range. Next time you lay against they your thinking oh wow its a great person to stack but what you dont realize is last time you played him was 18 months ago and not he is a snug tight player and is actually a nit now.. Now you lost you stack to him and could wonder what happened and 6 months later when you meet again his stats still do not reflect the player he is now.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think you will have even more chances than those who use this statistical program. If you are patient enough, disciplined and persistent, you will have more chances than 95% of players.
Good luck.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, the HUD is an excellent tool, poker is a people's game and the information you get from these people, how they play can determine whether you will win an Mtt or go far. When I started playing poker at the end of 2018, I didn't imagine the importance of the HUD and taking notes on the villains, the HUD is a very complex tool and that gives you a very big advantage vs players who don't use the hud. The most profitable players who play for the poker team have their game very focused on the HUD, the class team on how to use the main stats.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If you play one table at a time it's not necessary, however when multi-table it helps a lot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes its possible to have success in online poker without using a HUD. Some sites dont allow them, and then the choise gives itself. However if you choose to play on a site, which does allow them, then you are putting yourself at a disadvantage to those people, who know how to use a HUD well. And you are also missing out on the great tool, which a tracker is for working on your game away from the table.

So you might want to change your mind at some point and invest in a good tracker like PT4. For me this program is the best value for money, you will find anywhere inside the world of paid poker software and/or training. It also makes it easier to use other software like ICMizer, because you have an easy way of mass importing hands for analysis.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I do not currently use HUD or any stat tool. I play with my guts and read of players in the current game. I think I can hold my own in the tables at this time. Tho time will tell if I have chance to be successful in poker.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, KALUGAJ! You don't use HUD?!. My Congratulations! I too! And I'm winning without HUD!..