How to tell if you're playing a bot

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think iv been able to spot bots and take advantage lately but does anyone have any advise for spotting bots

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that the player is always in the top prizes

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tons of tables and a lot of hours playing without any break. Also they don't answer when you ask them something. Sometimes it's difficult to spot them, because they answer :)

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You to read handbook of room is specification of dirty game. you can complain .

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Listen closely for beeps.

Iryna and successlaw nailed it, they tend to play inhumanly long sessions on a lot of tables day after day.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tons of tables and a lot of hours playing without any break. Also they don't answer when you ask them something. Sometimes it's difficult to spot them, because they answer :)

I know a lot of people playing 24 h without sleep and they are not a bots... Propably :D
With that "no answering" its not very true, i have chat turned off and if someone writening something i dont see it and i dont answer and im not a bot :D

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such suspicions arise with frequent crossings on the river. But this is only suspicion.

Bidolaha

Bidolaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Boots know which card will fall on the board, and therefore can go to the river, even if the hand is empty, (and on the river leaves passionate steam and all that). In this case, I recommend making big raises)))

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one answers [emoji1]

L

llovito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
me canse de saber que esto esta todo podrido

bot, programs, tournaments and hand history repeating. It means the online PUTTING no avail.
This hopefully lead to fewer people play every day

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea really how to tell...……. sometimes I'll see wild names or just all numbers... sometime I get shoved or called with them having the wild river catch they could have gotten. I just never really know. In the dark too.:confused::confused:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I could never say if sb is not a player but instead a bot . Maybe a way far more experienced and very very good poker player could see if the decisions of this player are normal or not , if he's just a skilled player or a programmed software to execute optimal theory and strategy . The many tables for counless hours without a break is a bot criterio imo , but the chat I don't think , bots nowadays might be able to chat I think so ...

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play anywhere but CardsChat freerolls I think I am playing all Bots!

No one talks, everyone seems to beat me and when I have the goods I can't get paid.

Either they are Bots or I am being read very well, I guess I wanted to be a maniac but becomeing a NIT
I could never say if sb is not a player but instead a bot . Maybe a way far more experienced and very very good poker player could see if the decisions of this player are normal or not , if he's just a skilled player or a programmed software to execute optimal theory and strategy . The many tables for counless hours without a break is a bot criterio imo , but the chat I don't think , bots nowadays might be able to chat I think so ...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a bot is well programmed, there is no easy and fast way to spot it. As a HUD-user you should look for players, who are very active in your game, so that you collect a large sample on them quickly, and where their stats are almost to perfect.

Personally I have seen one account on pokerstars, which I suspect was a bot. The reason is, the account played a lot, and the stats, that developed on my HUD were unusual and would require a lot of discipline to maintain, if a human was playing like this.

In short the player was aggressive but it also seriously overfolded to aggression. Which is kind of exactly, how you might want to set up a bot for playing in the micros, because it keep it out of trouble, and people in the micros tend to be under bluffing in most situations.

The account was playing a time limited game called "show time", where all cards are folded face up. Using a bot for this kind of game makes sense, because its easier for a computer to digest and fully take advantage of information about dead cards.

Now I dont know, if this account was a bot, and I never reported my suspicion to PokerStars, because it was so loosely founded. Also the game stopped after a few month, and I never saw the account on regular tables.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What is a botnet and is there at all such as I know that they are banned. How could capture software bot?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bot net would presumably be a number of accounts all working together and using the same bot software. This would give the additional advantage of letting the bots know each others cards so that they could collude if on the same table.

For instance if one bot has K4 and fold, then another bot will also fold 44 in a situation, where it would otherwise have tried to setmine. Or if one bot was AQ from UTG, but another bot has AK in later position, then the bot with AQ will fold.

This is the "softest" form of collusion, and computers are ideal for it, because they can easily digest and use information about dead cards, and they can do it on many tables simultaneously without getting overloaded with information and decisions.

I dont know for sure, if someone has done this, but its such an obvious way to cheat, that I would be surpriced, if noboby ever attempted it. After all when real money is at stake, some people will happily do anything to get it.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See right there is why I dont get into those gimmick games. These cardrooms just got to much extra stuff on here to try to keep people in the game and then BOTS that are getting better and better, after awhile there will be no way to wiin, it will all be a crapshoot.

I might as well go to the roulett or craps table then!
A bot net would presumably be a number of accounts all working together and using the same bot software. This would give the additional advantage of letting the bots know each others cards so that they could collude if on the same table.

For instance if one bot has K4 and fold, then another bot will also fold 44 in a situation, where it would otherwise have tried to setmine. Or if one bot was AQ from UTG, but another bot has AK in later position, then the bot with AQ will fold.

This is the "softest" form of collusion, and computers are ideal for it, because they can easily digest and use information about dead cards, and they can do it on many tables simultaneously without getting overloaded with information and decisions.

I dont know for sure, if someone has done this, but its such an obvious way to cheat, that I would be surpriced, if noboby ever attempted it. After all when real money is at stake, some people will happily do anything to get it.

G

Glev Jr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think to determine that they are playing with a bot is impossible. When I play, too, do not answer the questions of the opponent.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some are easy and so are fairly hard to spot.
they are programs designed to play some-what good poker, but sometimes logic fails them.
Only way to really tell a player is a bot is by really looking at how they play over a long time.
no human is constant over very long periods, and tilt plays it part.
Best way to find one is just watch how players play, you'll find one sooner or later.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, especially in any way you do not determine, as to meet the same player at the table or in the tournament will be as often as you play yourself, so just track navryatli get

Poker Tells