How to start playing poker to win a little and be in the black?

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to start playing poker to win a little and stay in the black? start playing for your money at small tables or play in tournaments?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think in order to play plus you must first go through the initial training course. Then find some special course to understand how to play for money, because playing for regular chips and playing for real money are two different things. After watching the courses, you must constantly look for materials for learning and improvement. If money allows, hire a coach. You need to start playing with freerolls, then gradually switch to buy-in tournaments. But it is very important to control your bankroll.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Your question is an oxymoron in itself: As a beginning player you can't make money and be in the black, the game is too complex for that.

Start with play money, get a feel for the game, and if you feel confident enough leave a deposit at your favorite poker site and begin at the lowest stakes there are. If you're way better than the average Joe at that point, only then you'll make some money (pennies at first, dollars later) but don't expect to get rich quick.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can start by playing freerolls, honing your skills and practicing a variety of strategies. After the session, disassemble your game to find errors. It is also necessary to make a game plan before the session and try to follow it. Proper bankroll management helps to grow in limits.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adding to the very good answers that they already gave you, I would say that you should not lose sight of the fact that it is a long road and must be forged with a lot of discipline, resistance, study, nothing is going to be achieved overnight, you must be in constant evolution in many aspects:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you better study the materials on how to play an MTT and then put your face in tournaments I advise you better than playing cash game!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not put money on poker sites. So, I never lose my money. I recommend after many years playing to start with Freeroll MTTs. Go to ACR, for example, and look at the private freerolls. They will tell you how to gain the password. There are a number of online sites that are free to join and have these tournamnets for cash.
When you start winning, use that money to play. No matter what others may think, the software knows you and has algorithms built in that will put you on great hands only to lose to a 72 offsuit.
One has to realize that online poker is not the same as real time. It is a game. One has to realize that. there are "tricks" that will eliminate you. Do not be one who continues to place money online thinking it's as fair as real time. It is not.
Stick with MTTs.

Dan'O

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s worth mastering the game and getting to know the dynamics of freerolls and low-stakes S&Gs or small-stakes tournaments before you start building your bankroll. Of course, if you manage to thrive on freerolls and low stakes games, that's just a special pleasure.
Good luck.

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing at this one online site that has freerolls, here, let's call em Bet on Lies, make sure you know in advance they reward lesser hands more often than the poker math would indicate imo. It's sad to play AJ vs AT and see the AT win over and over.The sites should post their WTSD stats for each hand each month imo

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to start playing poker to win a little and stay in the black? start playing for your money at small tables or play in tournaments?

The best money I ever spent to learn playing poker was top lose a LOT of money (to me) doing it. Nothing brings you back to reality like lighting your bankroll on fire 10 times in a row and when you "have a good night" not understanding that you aren't good at poker you just had some run good going on in your life.

I would never, and I mean never pay for any poker courses. There is a world of free information online and in books. I promise you if you just apply what you find and dig a little you will make money over a large enough sample of hands. If we are talking about online poker I expect anyone with even moderately solid poker skills over about 250k hands to be profitable. I never said highly profitable but just profitable

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's simple) you need to play according to your bankroll, work on the game + discipline and the result will come with time for a completely newbie in poker, it's better to start with freerolls

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack