nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello poker family!
pokerstars on their channel said that their random number generator works in hardware. Translucent glass and a photon beam are involved in the creation of 0 and 1. All this was invented only because it is impossible to programmatically create a completely random number.
Do you think other rooms also resort to hardware generation of a random number, or do many of them mix the deck in software?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Throwing dice, shuffling cards, and spinning the roulette wheel  —  all depend on being indefinable. Computers need enough entropy to produce truly random numbers. But the essence of randomness is that it occurs randomly. An idle or new server will not be able to generate numbers as well as an active one. Many software developers do not understand the complexity associated with generating random numbers.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker family!
Pokerstars on their channel said that their random number generator works in hardware. Translucent glass and a photon beam are involved in the creation of 0 and 1. All this was invented only because it is impossible to programmatically create a completely random number.
Do you think other rooms also resort to hardware generation of a random number, or do many of them mix the deck in software?
it seems that only PS use this method, but in general, all rooms have almost the same algorithms

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've read that poker rooms use chaotic mouse movements of users, who thinks it's possible?

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't create true random with just software, you can create something that "looks" random but under analysis will be found to be predictable to some degree. This is isn't acceptable in a real money gaming environment so regulated sites will always use some hardware element to generate random numbers at some point.

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read that poker rooms use chaotic mouse movements of users, who thinks it's possible?
Very feasible if you have enough users, question is could it be hackable? Have a million fake accounts generating faked mouse movements and affect the run outs :D

I'm going to try waggling my mouse around from now on to avoid bad beats on the river - I'll report back how it goes:ROFLMAO:

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
with some algorithm based on statistical probability that includes the 52 cards and the number of players present at the table as well as the 5 cards that will be displayed on the table restarting the procedure at the end of each game:D

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I don't think about such things. There is no point in thinking about what you have no influence on. I think about my skills and their improvement. In addition, the game brings me pleasure, regardless of how the random number generator works :)
Good luck.

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It often seems like there are no random number generators in poker programs, but this is not the case. As a developer of such programs, I know for sure that card combinations are created randomly.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone uses the same random number generator, its work depends absolutely on everything, how many players are at the table, what bets are made, the style of play at the table, your every action affects its work.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
'Random' in programing is not random, it's based on a formula that they change it regularly I guess

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Nobody knows this, but the numbers that the main computer of the poker room knows about it every time they change

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really don't think about it.
I play and let it be what God wants:):):)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
'Random' in programing is not random, it's based on a formula that they change it regularly I guess
Of course, it isn't random....a winner is picked the moment a hand is dealt. If he stays in the pot he wins.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a winner is picked the moment a hand is dealt. If he stays in the pot he wins.
I really need this information in advance, then I won't fold even 72of.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard about company which provided "true" random numbers generated from weather and current sun brightness.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the worst case, most poker sites use a mathrandom() function. Ironically, what is meant to be funny is often true in the end...:geek:

J

jasonmoone30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BG
Chips
Pokerstars uses quantum theory to make it random. It shoots a photon into something and it results in a random selection. You can read more about it on their website

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't believe there random numbers drop out there.

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
thats what makes jokestars turn fish into pros.with bad beats all the time.