How often do you sharkscope people and does it influence if you sit them?

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So for heads up hypers I sharkscope my competition the vast majority of the time I like to know what calibre of player I am dealing with.

I have been debating for some time do I ghost my stats on sharkscope or do I leave them up.

The arguments for ghosting are weaker players may not realise they are playing a shark scope me see my win rate and then decide not to sit me. Where as without my scope statistics they could believe I am just getting lucky etc. I have found without a lot of work it can often be hard to know who is getting lucky and who is decent. However after you have studied quite a bit mistakes become much more apparent. So someone inexperienced/ill studied could not realise they do not have an edge.

On the other hand a shark might keep playing me not realising I am a shark and we might play many more games then necessary before they realise we are both losing to the rake this is a bad idea.

One particular shark never respected my graph never even knew if they looked me up they were very good the time they stopped coming after me happened after just a few games where they realised I had changed my game fast and they stopped coming after me at that point.

Before I had done all that work they would come after me mercilessly. they are the best player I have ever come across at my stake level beside myself. (I think we are pretty close in ability now not sure who has the edge)

So to help me make my decision my question is this if you play heads up sit and goes do you ever sharkscope your competition? what is your ability level in these EG you winning or losing etc, and does sharkscope influence your likelyhood to keep sitting someone or not?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is exactly, why I dont play heads up games, and why they are a dying format online. Its nothing but a toxic bum hunting environment.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sharkscope would not give me what I want when it comes to information. I want to know how they play hands, not their record. It tells you nothing that will help you win a real match. Then again, why would you hunt for bums, when the ultimate shark move would be to lose intentionally for a period of time and then go after weak players who only look for those with a seemingly losing record.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more information the better. It's always good to know who you are playing against.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at their graphs, if they are up and down or minus that's good. If their graph goes steadily upward leave them alone.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I see a player sitting at a HU hyper I always scope them, if they are bad I play and if they are good I find another game. I think its good to leave your results on sharkscope so good players who use sharkscope are at least given the chance to dodge you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will rarely look at sharkscope as I found there information not necessarily accurate. I will look occasionally to see if a player is a winning one or not but that's about it.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont us it because i play for fun and not to make tons of money. They can look me up it just shows i am not a great player, who cares just having fun. I win some and lose some thats just who i am.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dislike heads up games. I try yo play 6 tables only.

M

Minakshi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not subscribed to Sharkscope is it helpful?

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im thinking of getting the SharkScope hand tracker. Its a one time payment. I dont look people up. I just play micro to small stakes. But people do look me up. I have had 2 people tell me I had a high ROI on SharkScope. I guess because Im a no deposit player. If I played heads up very much .I think I would look up everyone I played. Why not get any edge you can? But for low stakes 9 person tables its not worth the monthly payment.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I collect information on opponents only at the final table, in other situations I just look at their statistics in general.

R

Ryudo9999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i look up anyone i feel is playing better than me, helps me guess if its a fluke, but sharkscope only tracks mtt doesnt it? so if you see my sharkscope its a downward line but cause im learning, starting to make a profit in .2/.5 now so if someone shark scoped me they will see a red line down but be playing a different person than that time period.

R

Ryudo9999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
btw if you use facebook you get 10 searches per day on sharkscope and everytime you change your vpn ip, u can get 5 more each time.

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always observe the behavior and mannerisms of other players and try to remember them

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont us it because i play for fun and not to make tons of money. They can look me up it just shows i am not a great player, who cares just having fun. I win some and lose some thats just who i am.

I feel the exact same way. My charts are not impressive by any means. I just really enjoy doing it. It financially impacts my life about 0% and I just enjoy doing it. Who cares if someone wants to bum hunt me? I could even give Daniel Negraneu a run for his money over 80 hands of play. If you are talking such a short span of hands with another player unless you are absolute trash anyone can beat anyone. The sample size is too small to mean anything.

FWIW I don't use sharkscope. I have heard of it and tried it out but don't really see the point. Im playing for pennies. Not mortgage payments. ha