How many tables do you play poker at on average?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
basically I play from 1 to 4 tables if I open more tables, I lose concentration and my game deteriorates. How long did it take you to learn how to play poker at more than 4 tables ?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now I play no more than 3 tables, then I play more profitably. But there was a time when I played at least 8-12 tables at the same time, and this game brought only a small plus. And at that moment I was not a beginner, but played for about 5 years.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play at one or two tables, I don't like to play anymore, I lose my concentration.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A correct and smart poker game can only be played on no more than 4 tables! More than 4 tables is complete madness.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play at times 4 to 5 tables but have been cutting down on that lately, I do play much better on 1 or 2.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I cant play more than 3-4 and be profitably

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've tired play as many as 12 but then its auto pilot and I cannot focus on how others players are playing. Optimal would be 3 to 4 anymore for me at least takes away focus

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
max i can do is 2, any more than that and i find i get too lost in it all and not able to concentrate properly

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play one table at a time playing more than one doesn't allow me to have full concentration and time for making good decisions.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only play one at a time, sometimes two for a very short period of time when I am playing another tournament when the Individual League game begins. My intention is to only play one and the exceptions are few.

Artur22277

Artur22277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play on one table if I open more tables I cannot concentrate and I lose. I cannot understand how other players can play at the same time on many tables.

Goblingerty

Goblingerty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No more than 2 at a time, can't concentrate on any more than that lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
basically I play from 1 to 4 tables if I open more tables, I lose concentration and my game deteriorates. How long did it take you to learn how to play poker at more than 4 tables ?

I would suggest to not push it. It's far more important on just 'trying to get good' vs. the volume.
I played on only one table for quite awhile & can remember when I added in another it was quite difficult.

Today I like to be playing 6 to 8 mtt's but if I were to continue playing MTTs I'd prefer to be at 10-12 tables.

ComfyPanda

ComfyPanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only recently got back into poker, so I'm currently doing one or two tables most of the time. I think four is the max I could play at my current level without losing too much information.

When I was grinding regularly years back I might do up to 6 tables (dual monitors helps), and getting used to it was a matter of practice for me. Do it enough times and it becomes less overwhelming. Though I don't think doing more than 4 is wise most of the time.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play 2 or maybe 3 at most otherwise it just starts being an autopilot kind of thing when I'm playing and I like to get more involved and pay attention to how players are actually playing at my table. And maybe even engage in some chat with some of them.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For freerolls, I play as many as I can at one time.

For buy-ins, I play on only 1. No matter what anybody says, if you're playing 2, or more, play deteriorates. It has to. You're only giving each table, (or whatever it is you're doing), an equal amount of concentration.

The poker sites are the big winners with multi-taskers.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

I usually play at one table but at several providers because they usually start the tournament at the same time but I don't think it is recommended at high stakes as it is not possible to know your style of play at the table.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 or 5. Sometimes six if I'm trying to get a sweaty session in.

For those wondering how you do it, start slow. Add one table to your sessions and get use to it. It won't happen right away but eventually you will get use to it. Once your comfortable, next session add another table. Keep using this method until each session your playing your ideal # of tables.

I think all you one tablers are wasting your time and money. Try to push yourself and increase your table count if you truly want to get the most out of online poker.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I play poker in my phone 97% of the time, playing more than one table is just asking for clicking mistakes, and therefore bad times all around....

But the few times I've played on PC, I've done 4. (Zoom) tables at once with great results... Playing more than that will probably drive you insane.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played at a maximum of 4 tables. Now only for one thing. I'm not a fan of this game anymore.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I always play at 1 table in an MTT tournament, if 2 overlap in time, then I can play 2 at the same time, it just depends on whether they overlap in time or not.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
On average, I play 3-4 tables at a time, no more. I think that in any case, the quality of my decisions is more important than the quantity.
Good luck.