How Many Pocket Rockets?

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in a tournament on Sportsbetting.ag yesterday for 4hrs with ~170 entrants and ~70 rebuys. Since I was attending from the beginning, and lasted til final table, I had a lot of time with the same players. One player in specific, was dealt AA against my KQ, QQ, KJ 3-4 times. The same exact player. As a new player I am just wondering, is that extremely lucky for the individual?Also throughout the tournament I have never seen so many pocket AA and high cards on the board in my life. I understand they aren't automatically the nuts, but at last tables of tourney and got them twice within 30min you know he was all in preflop every time. Heck I'm glad I folded quite a few good hands because it seemed like AA is the new J5 and someone has it every round!

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats just pure random :D

I once got delt AA 3 times i a row, and sometimes i get no AA at all.
When you see thousands and thousands of hand week after week, there
will be sometimes when a player get them more than the normal rate ;)

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AGREED

I played in a tournament on Sportsbetting.ag yesterday for 4hrs with ~170 entrants and ~70 rebuys. Since I was attending from the beginning, and lasted til final table, I had a lot of time with the same players. One player in specific, was dealt AA against my KQ, QQ, KJ 3-4 times. The same exact player. As a new player I am just wondering, is that extremely lucky for the individual?Also throughout the tournament I have never seen so many pocket AA and high cards on the board in my life. I understand they aren't automatically the nuts, but at last tables of tourney and got them twice within 30min you know he was all in preflop every time. Heck I'm glad I folded quite a few good hands because it seemed like AA is the new J5 and someone has it every round!

It's pretty much a "given" when you see the same people getting dealt the GREAT cards...it's TOTALLY RIGGED up poker. I can sit there for hours and hours and NEVER get dealt one single pocket pair...yet I watch others getting dealt winner after winner no matter what cards, or position they are playing from. I had a person tell me about how the site "delays" the river deal out because it is "separating" the odds for people who "deposit" and others who "don't...then the site deals out better cards for those types of players. Seems it's pretty obvious once you have played online and watch the exact events which I spoke of taking place...in almost EVERY tourney I play in....Oh, plus, who the heck would trust depositing "real" money into these sites?>>>I trust the sites about as much as I trust Trump to tell the truth!>>:) :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's true that sometimes a player touches good hands continuously but it rarely happens at the end of tournaments. I remember one day where I touch 2 AA one after the other with 5 or 6 good hand always back continuously.generally when it happens to me to fall on a player in full rush, I avoid playing against him.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just variance mate, the odds of it happening to one person in particular are pretty slim. But the odds of it happening to anyone at all in a mtt isn't too small tbh.

See it like this, you're expected to get AA once every 222 hands. But that doesn't mean you actually get it once every 222 hands. It could happen that it is 3 times in a row, or not for another 500 hands. Just part of variance.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That things happen, is poker, same happens to me time before, to follow AA hands losing vs villains with words pocket hands

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I had Hold'Em Manager, I was the kind of guy who thought that MAYBE online poker was rigged.

Now, looking at every possible combinations of cards dealt with HM2, I have proofs that in the long run, every hand meet the expected frequencies. 66 572 hands dealt is a pretty good sample.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both yesterday and today I started the first tournament to play in the day and the very first hand I am dealt AA. I not only get dealt AA, but I also end up with full house.

Would be much nicer to get this hand later in the tournament when the stakes are higher, but being ahead early also helps.

Sometimes we just get some lucky streaks of hands.. I remember one time being dealt TT 3 times in a row. It is rare but it happens. I have seen this on TV as well when a player receives a monster hand multiple times in a row.

Attachments

• AA.jpg
    AA.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 29
  • AA2.jpg
    AA2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 28
T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to get them quite a bit and I remember once in a sit and go 9max someone was dealt pocket rockets 3 times and lost every time and went bust it was crazy

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is normal in poker! This player is probably going through a 'upswing' (period of luck) so is getting stronger hands more often than usual, but don't worry 'cause in the 'long run' all players will get the same amount of AA, KK, QQ and etc.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever someone gets strong hands frequently (in sequence, for example), it takes bad beat hauaiaga´dhahda.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Welcome to online poker, this has been a topic for years, ever since the great poker "boom" a.k.a. - The Moneymaker effect. Some players will swear to the end of days, Poker is rigged. If I was convinced 100% that online poker was rigged, I would not play. Sounds simple. I have "databases" going back 3 years. (I fried a hard-drive without a back-up and lost 5 years of results) I have examined the math in the hands that I have played and I cannot find anything that stands out as against the "math". Sure in the heat of the battle it seems like Villain always gets "the nuts". To be able to enjoy and hopefully win at online poker you need to be able to overcome the emotional swings. My advice is if you are getting serious about online poker, buy a poker database. When you are doing your hand reviews, check every month to see how many times your pocket AA's held up and won pots. Same with other big hands, you will begin to see that many times you could be making unforced errors, and this is the beginning of improving your skill at poker. If after a few months, you are convinced that you are being cheated, bail out and just play "live" or not at all. I wish you the best.:)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how at real money tables and, on virtual chip tables, I've seen one player get three consecutive pocket pairs with AA. I personally had to have the same card twice in a row . And not only in value but also in suit.This happens in life when the card before the hand is not mixed.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens, actually when combining some posts above:
If you have AA, the chance of getting AA the next hand is 1 in 222 (asuming the 222 is correct, if not, it's close).
The good news:
You will have games where you will get wonderful cards almost every hand!
The bad news:
There will be more games where you don't get many good cards and miss flops.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live yesterday a guy was dealt AA 2x in a row.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thats just pure random :D

I once got delt AA 3 times i a row, and sometimes i get no AA at all.
When you see thousands and thousands of hand week after week, there
will be sometimes when a player get them more than the normal rate ;)

Agreed!
I play roughly 10,000 hands per week (but sometimes 25,000 or more) & it all seems standard to me. You'll see some crazy stuff at times (ie. with just 4 tables running I've had '33' on 3 of them at the same time... & often I'll have same pp with matching suits ie. 3c3h 3c3h). If I didn't see the seemingly crazy stuff, then I would worry.

It's pretty much a "given" when you see the same people getting dealt the GREAT cards...it's TOTALLY RIGGED up poker. I can sit there for hours and hours and NEVER get dealt one single pocket pair...yet I watch others getting dealt winner after winner no matter what cards, or position they are playing from. I had a person tell me about how the site "delays" the river deal out because it is "separating" the odds for people who "deposit" and others who "don't...then the site deals out better cards for those types of players. Seems it's pretty obvious once you have played online and watch the exact events which I spoke of taking place...in almost EVERY tourney I play in....Oh, plus, who the heck would trust depositing "real" money into these sites?>>>I trust the sites about as much as I trust Trump to tell the truth!>>:) :)

OMG what complete B.S. The thing is, once you've been around the game for awhile you'll actually know a lot of those players. Maybe even go for a coffee with them. Maybe hook up with them at a live event. Maybe just rail their games & try to learn from them.
Honestly sounds like you should spend some time learning how to play. Might make your experience more enjoyable.... & maybe even profitable.

Before I had Hold'Em Manager, I was the kind of guy who thought that MAYBE online poker was rigged.

Now, looking at every possible combinations of cards dealt with HM2, I have proofs that in the long run, every hand meet the expected frequencies. 66 572 hands dealt is a pretty good sample.

I questioned my 'bad luck' early on in my playing online poker. For maybe the first 3 months I thought I was getting very unlucky. I didn't truly understand variance... & I certainly didn't accept it or embrace it. One you learn how to play, you learn to embrace it & understand why it is a really good thing.
I've now played over 3,000,000 hands on cash tables & the result is the same for me. (& thousands of tourneys).

Just recently I was playing a PPLive tourney on partypoker (it was a special promo - - a $10k members freeroll). I was dealt 'AA' 7x in that tourney!! Just incredible! (but was still 160 spots away from final table lol)

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twice on a row yesterday at ACR
Late in a tournament.
Very rare for me. I can't think of another time ?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:puke:. Maybe you should become journalist instead of wasting your on poker. We all know Trump lies, like any president, that's their job, that's why they are above the law; as a journalist you can write the statements and provide the proof, as for poker that seems too difficult (or not possible in case of false accusation; if I win: I'm good, if I lose: it's rigged).

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:puke:. Maybe you should become journalist instead of wasting your on poker. We all know Trump lies, like any president, that's their job, that's why they are above the law; as a journalist you can write the statements and provide the proof, as for poker that seems too difficult (or not possible in case of false accusation; if I win: I'm good, if I lose: it's rigged).

I have to love the post you replied to! I agree with you 100%. The poster somehow is complaining about rigged poker and ends up blaming it on President Trump and the Truth. This is just too funny. I do think it is time for the Mods to step in and close this thread. We already have a "rigged" online poker thread. People posting that they saw a player get AAs 2 times in a row should not count as participating in poker discussions.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to love the post you replied to! I agree with you 100%. The poster somehow is complaining about rigged poker and ends up blaming it on President Trump and the Truth. This is just too funny. I do think it is time for the Mods to step in and close this thread. We already have a "rigged" online poker thread. People posting that they saw a player get AAs 2 times in a row should not count as participating in poker discussions.

I'm sorry I complained a bit and posted this in the wrong area. I had not realized there was a "bad beat" section of the forum.

I do appreciate the responses intended towards comforting me as a new player and reassuring me that this is all part of the game. GL GL

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its all down to luck , and depends on game format to , I played zoom for about 2-2:30 h Zoom poker today, I was dealt AA 3 times the one time it went to show down I lost with them and won 2 hands on flop or pre , BUT in this 2h I won 6 hands that went to show down vs AA 4 times it was all ins ( not preflop ) and 2 times for half stack and last time for 3/4 of stacks
so AA doen't mean you win the hand before its played , tbh getting AA I am hyoed like all of us I guess but today I was like " don't give me aces" after seeing I won what it looked to me every hand vs aces today.

D

dfarrands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I flopped a small set vs AA on two consecutive hands this morning. If online poker is rigged it is obviously rigged in my favor.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had AA back to back once! I run sooooo bad!