How to maintain posture?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you play on the computer you sit comfortably on a chair.But when you play with a tablet-to sit at the table uncomfortable as it begins to hurt the back.Lying down is also not comfortable.What position do you take when playing on a tablet?

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just sitting in a chair and a table support, complicated for me is when I have to be moving for some reason, that's hard for me, the position not because I manage to be comfortable:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon
Good question with the tablet I support him in the belly lying on the bed with pillow and arm to not hurt much and at intervals I walk a little to circulate the blood but is much more comfortable lying for me to approve.:star:;)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you play on the computer you sit comfortably on a chair.But when you play with a tablet-to sit at the table uncomfortable as it begins to hurt the back.Lying down is also not comfortable.What position do you take when playing on a tablet?

When i was travelling to Australia to play the Aussie Millions I ran into this issue. I had always played at a desktop with a high quality chair and standup desk so I could alternate between sitting and standing. I made a video on the topic of playing on the road

The most important thing to do to maintain comfort is build up your muscles when you are not playing so they can support you when you do. Working out your core muscles, back muscles and neck stabilizers can do a ton for making your playing more enjoyable.

For tablets specifically, getting those stands helps so they you can use it like a normal comp. Another move is to simply switch it up every 30-60 minutes or so that's probably the best long run approach if you're playing 4+ hour sessions.

Hope that helps!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s not convenient to sit at a computer; it’s much more convenient to sit on with tablet on a sofa.But even on the couch in every break I do exercises, without it anywhere)

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the contrary,it’s not convenient for me to play at the computer. With a phone it’s more convenient to move around without being distracted from the game.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Google "posterior chain exercises". Practice them when you're not sitting down. There are many such calisthenic drills and stretches you can perform to prevent degradation of the muscles and nerve health in your glutes, hammies, lower back and calves.

Sitting down for long hours not only leads to muscle loss that can lead to nerve pains like sciatica down the line, it also downregulates nerve impulses in the affected areas which means that when you perform normal activities like walking/running/stairs, etc. you won't be activating those muscles to an appropriate degree relative to their antagonists (for example, when you squat, you would not be engaging the hamstrings and glutes in balance with the anterior muscles of the leg. the quads/hip flexors would be dominant.)

As a consequence of balanced muscles, your posture should correct itself over time and you'll also pay less attention to it because it will become something you're generally aware of and passively adjust as necessary.

Disclaimer: I'm not a physio. This is just experience + research so do your own as well.

Last edited:
SLazarov

SLazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone tried those Posture Correctors though?

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed this when I'm making music for 12 hours. I tend to sit up straight, in the same position, when I'm wearing headphones. The same doesn't really go for poker, because I take breaks. Don't just stay at your computer. Get up and move around.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Choice

When playing online poker I usually am sitting in a Lazy Boy recliner with foot support about half way up so just sit back and relax .

Feeling comfortable is a priority for me a sometimes tourneys I play in can take hours.

Cheers ! :beer: