rembo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
from my experience as well someone who want to improve
Small steps but with consistency😳

I decided to play one or two tournaments per day either is freeroll or small mtt sng and play it slooooow.
Usually I was waiting for monster hand, want to double up, overbeating and end up with nothing and even not playing which is the worse feeling.
Im reading this forum some time everyday, doing course, have book with me and sometimes even read but I’m not really book reader so going slow.
But for now going longer in turnament is a key.
Slowly you start to know some players, finding they style of play even bluffs becomes effective.
Some situations similar from material which you study, some similar hands which you play correctly then.

Put opponents on tight ranges so you will play tighter but after two good runs in the row belive me
3rd turnament you killing, you arrived, going strong from beggining and than same story on day 4.
Try to forget about bad beat short 3rd game come back here take next day of the course, read another chapter of book, a bit of yt and play again
How long u had been playing poker?

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
What helped me a lot in the past was actually a very simple matter. Divide players into 2 groups, those who play straight forward and those who are creative and aggressive. Even in the mid stakes I noticed that 80% played straight forward.
That saved me a lot of stupid calls and a lot of money.

What is needed, however, is a tracker, a sufficient sample size, and post-processing of the hands played away from the poker tables.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with what many have written. As you play, when you encounter a pivotal hand (lost a lot, won a lot, or you really questioned your decisions/actions), make good notes about the hand. Be sure to note what stage of the tournament, blind levels, chip stacks, positions at the table of active players, action on each street, and later add your thought processes. Then, take those hands and analyze them yourself and with trusted poker friends on this site or off. Look for similarities, like overplaying top pair or overdefending your BB, etc. You will see some trends of being in a certain position, situation, type of hand, or reaction to a certain type of opponent. It will take a lot of time and dedication. Good luck!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can record your hands that you are not sure about and watch later and ask other friends in field for their suggestions