How do you play?

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you use hotkeys while playing poker, or do you play with your mouse?

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I use my mouse and I never had problems with it. Sometimes I use the keys to enter a certain number of chips but usually I do not need a keyboard to play :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! No, I don't use anything but a computer mouse! Several times I tried to set up hotkeys, but it distracts me a lot and I quit!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly use hotkeys for standard actions to simplify routine work.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play with the mouse. Occasionally I use Alt + F4.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Each hand is circumstantial. What I mean, for example, is what I am dealt and what position am I? What somebody else did before me. What kind of hand kind I make of the hand I have? Who is playing after me? What can I expect from them? How much of my bank do I want to put at risk? Can I bluff and get away with it? Can I conceal an awesome hand when the flop shows flush, straight or maybe trip possibilities? A small pair? Any can take you down real fast. Lastly, one of the biggest is why did that player raise like that with the that junk flop on the board? It's all situational... every hand.

I can play the top 10, 15 or 20%, but when I do that, I limit my play and my chance to build a bigger bank, so when should I take the chance on say, 98 suited. That looks good every time.

All these thoughts I take into consideration most every hand., All in a couple of seconds. May the force be with you, too.

Dan'O

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hotkeys are more prone to errors, especially when several hotkeys are being used, and they need more mental effort to use than a computer mouse.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I use hotkeys , although this has been the reason for mistakes many times , i try to be more carefull as hotkeys are very usefull . Especially if you are multitabling .