How do you mark players, how you categorize them, based on what intel?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, how do you mark other players, what kind of information do you use to create categories and mark them?

Last edited:
Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is they are noobs and donks and dont know how to play for sure mark them. They can keep being easy money in the future. If they bluff a lot also.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Blue for nits, fish and maniacs, green for regulars.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, how do you mark other players, what kind of information do you use to create categories and mark them?
Is hard to mark a player, Two days ago I play with one player who bet all in 4 four consecutive hands , at the 5th hand I call and I win he had a bad hand, this war simple but are situation more complicate.

dannywaves

dannywaves

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually just mark bluffers or people who I know that only bet big when they actually have something

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use blue for nits - so I know to steal against their blinds and that their hands are likely a strong range and thus try and crack their overpair with sets and two pair hands.

I mark tricky players with purple - either those who bluff a lot or slow play a lot.

I mark loose players with red - and then note if they are calling stations or laggy.

I mark good players who give me difficulty or are big winners at their stakes with gold.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
how do you mark other players, what kind of information do you use to create categories and mark them?

If i'd mark them then i definitely would use my head for it ;)
Therefore information to describe them would be similar to something which could get you almost definitely into trouble in Club Penguin lol ...

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not get the players hooked at all, as they can change their strategy. Today they play in one direction, tomorrow they can change tactics.

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for me it's pretty simple since i play microstakes i mark some players "hates money" if they make horrible plays and overvalue hands - then there is callstation that make okay calls to herocall and then there is passive nit.
Works well for me :)

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically:
- Maniacs;
- Nits;
- Good

I use it based on the plays I observe, number of hands (PT4 info) and sharkscope check on their poker trajectory if available.

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tag players in terms of either more passive and aggressive pre- and post-flop than normal. Then either exploitable or not.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes I always try to color it according to the type of play and whenever possible I make a note

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just give them a color and take some notes on the way they played certain hands.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Red-maniac, green-fish, orange-nit, blue-reg, purple-top-reg from high limits, dark blue-limper and telephone,Yellow-weak reg

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Here is the best way I've found to ID players at a table so to recognize them again.
1) Note the type of game, ie: $500 GTD NLHE or $1K GTD PLO8-6 handed
2) Note the buy-in amount: $2 R/A; $5 RE; $4 Bnty
3) Notes on player: decent plyr; slow-roller; made hero-call w/3rd pr; etc.
4) Select a color for the player type
The final player ID will resemble this: $3 SNG/NLH, dcnt plyr, slw-rlr (plus an identifying color)
Hope this helps. GL. :)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players who are very aggressive, those whose movements do not make much sense, it is important to note them because the safest thing is that you will find them another day, there are many categories to mark them for different reasons, the more information you have the better for your game:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mark players from memory. I play select groups and play mostly against the same good players, usually at a loss. Shucks.

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mark players green, orange, red, and yellow. Green is a fun player usually a fish. Orange is a maniac i.e. players who are ultra aggressive even with crap hands. Red is a solid well rounded player.

Yellow and all the other colors are the labels I use to make random notes on people I haven’t figured out yet.

I do have a HUD so my HUD recommends labels based on the VPIP, PFR, AGG and the other factors so sometimes there is no need to make any notes unless of course somebody does something stupid like shove 50 BB’s with pocket 2’s. In that case I’d make a mental note saying player…. Is capable of shoving 50bbs with small pocket pairs.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is the best way I've found to ID players at a table so to recognize them again.
1) Note the type of game, ie: $500 GTD NLHE or $1K GTD PLO8-6 handed
2) Note the buy-in amount: $2 R/A; $5 RE; $4 Bnty
3) Notes on player: decent plyr; slow-roller; made hero-call w/3rd pr; etc.
4) Select a color for the player type
The final player ID will resemble this: $3 SNG/NLH, dcnt plyr, slw-rlr (plus an identifying color)
Hope this helps. GL. :)
It is very usuful, thnx for sharing! 🙏