How do you like this chance?

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that I often come across similar hands at different tables while playing at the same time. But this happened to me for the first time. Have you had such cases?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, if you think about it there are only 52 cards in a deck. If you play enough you're going to see this happen from time to time. I know I have.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also noticed when playing at multi tables, a good card comes at both tables, or a bad card at both tables

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its basically same odds as getting the same hand twice in a row. So the first card in the second hand is 2 in 52 (It can match either of the cards in the previous hand). Then the second card is 1 in 51 (it has to match the card that was not matched by the first card). So 2 in 26 = 1 in 26 x 1 in 51 = 1 in 26 x 51 = 1 in 1326

If you wanted to pick a specific hand and then do the odds like if you said, "what are the odds the next two hands I get are both AK of diamonds..." its 1326x1326 = 1758276

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its basically same odds as getting the same hand twice in a row. So the first card in the second hand is 2 in 52 (It can match either of the cards in the previous hand). Then the second card is 1 in 51 (it has to match the card that was not matched by the first card). So 2 in 26 = 1 in 26 x 1 in 51 = 1 in 26 x 51 = 1 in 1326

If you wanted to pick a specific hand and then do the odds like if you said, "what are the odds the next two hands I get are both AK of diamonds..." its 1326x1326 = 1758276
thanks for counting! Still, this does not happen as often as MattRyder writes.

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At multi tables,I not have this situation with card!

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me a lot on stars to have the same cards but not the same suit. I think that it is very rare to have the exact same hand.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happends to me all the time now that im playing multiple tables . Getting the same hands. And I'm talking card placement in the hole. As shown in OP.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I present a few of my interesting hands :)

1. Royal flush on the table
2. two sets 333 caught at the same time on two tables
3. Three people with the same cards

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 26
mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I present a few of my interesting hands :)

1. Royal flush on the table
2. two sets 333 caught at the same time on two tables
3. Three people with the same cards
Nice! It's really intersting game situations!
I have already posted this picture, but perhaps you have not seen it. P.S. This is not my picture. Just find it at another forum.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha some unreal combos come up alright,i had quad 3s on two tables at once on partypoker...one won and one lost.ive also had big quads beaten by bigger quads twice with one or two hands between them,always considered it the worst beat of my life as i was quite deep and right up there in a 10k or something when i first started real money online.have seen a few like the triple AK but maybe two were on the board,not sure.couldnt believe i got a royal playing 7card stud the other night,felt amazingly like a non-event as it was limit,that took all the fun out of it lol...gl all.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it has happened to me. The odd thing would be that the community cards were the same. That would be a cause for concern.

R

RedDawgz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so Odd

Yes this is not very odd as many people have pointed out already. IF you are playing multiple games at once you will see the same hand down to the suit often in my experience. Obviously even more so if you don't apply suits to the equation.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did you get the same flop in the two table too ? that's crazy

paulezzz

paulezzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this multiple times. On more pokerrooms also. I think the more hands you play the more change there is that you will see situations like this happening.;)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you play lots of hands, you will see many cases like this and much more, like KK, AA... in different tables at the same time.

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its normal i also have it often. but then with bad hands

S

Sensei_2k19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
weak cards most often coincide
Are there more Russians here? I'm one of)

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with me it always happens, for me this is a bug.
Have you noticed when someone throws all in with a worthless hand and mysteriously wins the hand of a monster hand? perhaps the player has decorated the hands that gives almost 100% chance of devitoria