How Do You Handle The Speed Of Online Poker?

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like it when the game is run, I have no problem with that, I like turbos, hyper turbos,

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most decisions should be fast, fold that crud preflop and go on. In person, how do you handle the wait until you have new cards?

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play two tables - it's enough for me

I agree with you - I don't understand how people play 8 or 16

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe while other people are making their choices decide on advance how much you are willing to stay in for and decision is made by time it gets to you

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried 8x and 8+x spingoes, I can't play more than an hour there. 4x is the best for 15 inch laptop.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play on one table simply. I don’t have time to think about how to go if I have several stages open and in some interesting situations I can lose due to lack of time.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took time off for about three months and I decided to really study online poker. I have found that I will use almost all the time bank now to make a decision. I know it sucks for players at my tables.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we have enough time to make a decision in poker. Usually it's a 15-20 sec and additional time so what's the problem?

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when you play many hours with different opponents,you develop make decisions quickly.

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i am with this method
Use the full extent of time bank to slow the game down and not rush.

but i normally do it late before game finish

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To make the right decision, the time that is allocated to a player in online poker is quite enough.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I often find myself making impulsive decisions due to having very limited time to act in online poker.

Is there anything which can be done to adapt to this or is it just a matter of practice?

I've played 12-16 tables at the same time in the past, during several years, with hud. Well normally I've played 12, but had no discomfort playing 15, but was little bit nervous playing 16. Today I feel like action is terribly slow if playing just one-two-four tables, so I also draw 3d models or write programs during such slow poker. Objectively you can make impulsive decisions if you're playing chess for example, there is no luck involved, and whole field is open. At online poker you'll get much better results playing many tables with some strategy instead of playing single table and overthinking each decision. Ofc if you're not playing at high limits, but still even at high limits it's not really profitable to play less than 4 tables. There are different games that can help you calculate and increase your APM (Actions Per Minute) It's great if you can do 100+ keyboard and mouse clicks per minute with logical explanation of each click. If you can't - don't worry, it's just a skill that comes with practice.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play 3 to 4 tables at the same time, although I make quick decisions, I sometimes hesitate (delay) in some actions and end up losing chips in a foolish way, but I agree that it is less difficult to profit playing at more than one table.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I often find myself making impulsive decisions due to having very limited time to act in online poker.

Is there anything which can be done to adapt to this or is it just a matter of practice?

I honestly find the old adage.... play one table until you feel 100% comfortable before moving up to more just makes perfect sense. Perfect example for zoom poker (instant fold poker and new table). I am AWFUL when playing 4 tables. I am PRETTY BAD when playing 3 tables. I am GOOD when playing 2 tables. and I am IMPATIENT with 1 table and tend to play worse hands. So for me 2 tables is perfect. I tend to play about 650 hands per hour. That's not so much that I get distracted.

G

GalimullinI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard advice

1. When you are a beginner, play a small number of tables
2. Play poker with regular time (don't play fast poker)
3. You need to bring your decisions to automatism in different positions and with different hands. Then decisions will be made faster.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Online poker requires higher discipline because you face different types of players. Better choose the hands you want to enter. Use all the time you are given and try to observe how the cards are dealt in order to identify traps and avoid them.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with experience you just get used to the pace.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands