How Do You Handle The Speed Of Online Poker?

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I don't have a lot of time to play poker, I like quick moves. It's interesting to me. I like to reason logically and quickly. I don't like to take too long in the online game.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ideally online and lives should get quicker but unlikely ..you just have to role with it ,like one of many things in cards and well life for that matter

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I tend to make fast actions, so it is not a problem for me, in fact, I like fast paced poker table, it is more fun.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
speed does not bother me. There is also a different way of looking at it. Yes its much faster levels but you also see way more hands than you would live so it can balance out a bit.

B

berkyt20

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not sit down at the poker table if more important issues require your attention - for example, about your family or work. Thinking about the problem will distract you from the game and negatively affect its outcome, and the time spent on the game will be wasted in solving the problem itself. But if you have already decided to sit down at the table, limit the time for the game and make not too big bets.

HarzZocker1988

HarzZocker1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think ahead.
Plan out what your going to do next before it’s your turn.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
How i handle? Quite well considering it's speed who's actually struggling to catch up ...

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Personally, I often find myself making impulsive decisions due to having very limited time to act in online poker.

Is there anything which can be done to adapt to this or is it just a matter of practice?

This happened to me too, when I started playing. But now I take my hand from the mouse and try to take as much time as possible when I have to make a crucial decision. I reduced the sound of the time alarm because this also put me under pressure. These small things helped me a lot :)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As time has gone by, lots of things I use to make note of have become innate. The speed factor of online poker has become less a bother.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only play online I don't have time parameters with the live game.... I notice the time difference in certain games and the time variations on different sites.... I try to adapt and make a decision quickly

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch

I watch sports or movies while I play poker.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's more about practice than anything else. If you know how to play well, it is only necessary to adapt that good game to quick decisions and with your mind always open to the variance of the game. It helps you a lot to play hyper tournaments where the time to think is only about 4 or 5 seconds. After practicing a lot in these you will see that the turbo speed tournaments and the normal ones become much easier to play. After this, in a slow tournament you play incredibly better. Regards.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything is solved by experience and practice, problems with time bank arise mainly only when playing at a large number of tables, if you play at 1-2 tables, then such situations practically do not happen

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now in online poker, especially at micro-stakes, a big time bank is not needed, quite 20 seconds is enough to think about difficult decisions

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can make a plan of action in standard situations such as opening, calling, pushing, folding, action to raise, action to re-raise, action to limp.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think it is to slow. Because some of players think to long in my opinion. I hope that there will no be regular time tournaments. Turbo is good !

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to optimize your tables that you play at the same time in order to avoid sitting out on some of them

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually only 2table because I don't like to play GTO so it allows me to see what players are doing what and stay focused instead of "robot poker"

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the speed of online poker ,live poker drives me nuts with the slow play

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a couple of things you can do:
1. gradually add more tables as you get used to it
2. make everything as simple as possible- color code players, take good notes, use a hud, have any charts readily available, sharkscope players before the game, etc

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not too fast for me sometimes I want to get faster :D

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh, I know this one. I never played at a real-life table so this is set as my standard for speed. I find it slow at times, to be honest. Anyway, it seems to work for me.

F

foxzero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You might be playing toubos or hyper speed tournaments. Try to bring it down on slower ones like normall speeds, deep stacks MTTs, or mabye toubos with bigger stacks. And yea as said above greate advice by:
TeUnit: gradually add more tables as you get used to it

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I like to play spin&go's, so I can't talk about speed too much, it's some of the faster modality of poker i belive.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands