How do you deal with a major streamer?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi every two, we were deep, I had 120BB in the CO with AA, I 3bet 6BB a decent MP player, the SB who's a streamer and chip leader 4bet 15BB, the MP folded then I 5bet 40BB, the SB went all in with his 173BB, I snap called. He had 96sh while I had the you know what. This guy was irritating, his VPIP was near 90 and believe it his PRF was the same, he has just lost a hand to another guy who had a QT while he had a 55 and the flop was not a frigging TT2-7-7. the dude went all in all the time either on the flop, PF or river, you name it. and there it is AhTs7d-Kh-Jh. I lost my wits. so how do you deal with such a nincompoops?

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi every two, we were deep, I had 120BB in the CO with AA, I 3bet 6BB a decent MP player, the SB who's a streamer and chip leader 4bet 15BB, the MP folded then I 5bet 40BB, the SB went all in with his 173BB, I snap called. He had 96sh while I had the you know what. This guy was irritating, his VPIP was near 90 and believe it his PRF was the same, he has just lost a hand to another guy who had a QT while he had a 55 and the flop was not a frigging TT2-7-7. the dude went all in all the time either on the flop, PF or river, you name it. and there it is AhTs7d-Kh-Jh. I lost my wits. so how do you deal with such a nincompoops?

What was buy in you told? If he push on the flop I try to catch him, first I need position agaist him, preflop I flat call, on the flop I want to see minimum Top Pair Top Kicker and dry flop, I don't want call 120bb with draw If I want to win more often. But you should understand push pre flop usually 60% vs 40% (AKs vs T9s), it means if he open 3bb and you push 120bb after him, suppose his fold equity 10% against push, expected value = 0.1*(3.5 or 4.5bb)+0.9*(0.6*240-0.4*120)=86,75bb. After flop you can make EV bigger against this opponent.

Attachments

• eqity.JPG
    eqity.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 26
peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I had AA not AK, I'd never call all in with AK or KK if I am that deep, but whats the logic behind going all in when you have not a thing in your hand except a rag I mean how does any persom with common sense go all in with 96s.
Fortumatly the buy in was 5.5usd
What was buy in you told? If he push on the flop I try to catch him, first I need position agaist him, preflop I flat call, on the flop I want to see minimum Top Pair Top Kicker and dry flop, I don't want call 120bb with draw If I want to win more often. But you should understand push pre flop usually 60% vs 40% (AKs vs T9s), it means if he open 3bb and you push 120bb after him, suppose his fold equity 10% against push, Expected Value = 0.1*(3.5 or 4.5bb)+0.9*(0.6*240-0.4*120)=86,75bb. After flop you can make EV bigger against this opponent.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
I have learned that idiotic aggression is handled by being patient and doing as you did. I could care less about them being a streamer. I watch Jonathan Little stuff when he reviews games and I watch Jeff Boski because he makes me laugh. That said, watching Boski makes me less intimidated about his playing than he would probably like. I want to build my bankroll just to play against him, though personally I would love to play live instead.

People think fame is such a big thing. It is not. The 2 people who are famous poker players I would love to play against do not stream and one is retired. I know I would have an issue playing at their level, but the thrill would be there for me, just because I think both are intelligent and great conversations ready to happen. Past that, most streamers are trying to get viewers. They will do anything it takes to get these viewers so that they will make money. They do not need to be good players, just entertaining. Take them as what they are and they will lose any aura. Play your game and you will win.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have learned that idiotic aggression is handled by being patient and doing as you did. I could care less about them being a streamer. I watch Jonathan Little stuff when he reviews games and I watch Jeff Boski because he makes me laugh. That said, watching Boski makes me less intimidated about his playing than he would probably like. I want to build my bankroll just to play against him, though personally I would love to play live instead.

People think fame is such a big thing. It is not. The 2 people who are famous poker players I would love to play against do not stream and one is retired. I know I would have an issue playing at their level, but the thrill would be there for me, just because I think both are intelligent and great conversations ready to happen. Past that, most streamers are trying to get viewers. They will do anything it takes to get these viewers so that they will make money. They do not need to be good players, just entertaining. Take them as what they are and they will lose any aura. Play your game and you will win.
The hell are you talking about? I am talking about streamers at a table, not online streaming. people who open a lot of hands, call a lot etc