How do u video your game & give commentary?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all.
I’m not working due to Coronavirus so I’ve had a thought, just for fun.
I’m going to try to video & talk while I’m playing MTT’s & SNG’s
Anyone know what u can use on a laptop?
Thanks

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
OBS Studio maybe?

It definitely can be used for recording your game, I don't know how to record the audio though. But as this program is used for streaming, I'm pretty sure there is a way of doing so.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
OBS Studio maybe?

It definitely can be used for recording your game, I don't know how to record the audio though. But as this program is used for streaming, I'm pretty sure there is a way of doing so.
Pretty easy to figure out how to record the audio actually lol I just never did it before, only recorded videos without sound. So yeah, it worked for me.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have windows 10, you can record with the game bar using windows+g.

Keep in mind in only records the initial screen so, if you multi-table and switch between screens, you only record the one you started on.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have windows 10, you can record with the game bar using windows+g.

Keep in mind in only records the initial screen so, if you multi-table and switch between screens, you only record the one you started on.

"...you can record with the game bar using windows+g..." I don't understand, can u explain?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"...you can record with the game bar using windows+g..." I don't understand, can u explain?
Sorry, I meant by pressing the windows button + G button together.

The game bar is just the name of the program, i believe. I think its purpose is to allow linking your computer/laptop to your gaming system and record game play but it can be used to record your laptop screen.

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice one, that works!!!
I'll try it out tomorrow, many thanks
Awesome. Keep in mind it does record the screen you start it on, so if you're playing multiple games, it might not capture it all of it. Im not sure how it does if you're playing multiple games on one screen or tiling, but I'd say to test it out first. It sucks when you record and it doesn't do so properly.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Nice one, that works!!!
I'll try it out tomorrow, many thanks

I think you can also record your own voice as well. I have not got a microphone, so have not tried it. Just click the microphone icon to start.
Good luck and let us know if the voice over works (if you use it).

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't register my games. If I make a rare hand like royal flsh or four of the same kind I make a picture to keep as a souvenir or something.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am still living in the dark ages when it comes to computer software, I find it hard even to take a screen shot of a game table when playing, funny thing is I used to teach basic IT when I was younger and taught classes on Windows Office routines like "Word, Excel, Power Point" among other programs, I even taught classes on how to use Scanners and Digital Photography.
Like everything else in Life if you stop learning, you are going backwards instead of forwards, because you fail to keep up with the latest tech.
I sometimes would like to post video;s on You-Tube around my favorite spots to visit in my home town but have no idea how to go about it.
Dumb and getting Dumb-er.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also never thought about how other players and coaches record their games.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most popular recording programs are the heaviest or most resource-intensive ones, and especially since poker has many hours of play, this means that the recording will be just as long, so we would have to choose a program that offers a lighter method of storage.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OBS studio for recording and streaming very good

Top 10 Games