How do I turn online poker into a career?

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
study and put into practice what you learned. and respect the whole process and also bankroll management.
this is my process, what u think about the period between them ?
09/14/2022 Prize $73.47 torneio $300 R&A in 888Poker.----- position 1 of 172 jogadores
09/22/2022 Prize $32.47 torneio $100 Deepstack Turbo in 888Poker.----- position 2 of 179 jogadores.
10/19/2022 Prize $55.9 torneio $400 PKO - NEW! in 888Poker.------ posição 2 of 170 jogadores.
11/09/2022 Prize G $74.3 torneio Carmanhani Freeroll in 888Poker.---- posição 1 of 215 jogadores.

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
if you have problems with a limit above $1 then you should already study above the limits, hire a coach who plays higher than you and he will teach you how to climb the limits and generally improve your game up so if you are already winning small tournaments it's time to move to higher limits and learn from coaches who will teach you and give you a lot of knowledge
this is my process, what u think about the period between them ? do u think that i had a problem with this average buy-in ? they all 1 dollar and the last one, a freeroll
09/14/2022 Prize $73.47 torneio $300 R&A in 888Poker.----- position 1 of 172 jogadores
09/22/2022 Prize $32.47 torneio $100 Deepstack Turbo in 888Poker.----- position 2 of 179 jogadores.
10/19/2022 Prize $55.9 torneio $400 PKO - NEW! in 888Poker.------ posição 2 of 170 jogadores.
11/09/2022 Prize G $74.3 torneio Carmanhani Freeroll in 888Poker.---- posição 1 of 215 jogadores.

Last edited:
paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
First of all you should forget about the graphs. That ain't gonna win you money on the poker table. Patience and discipline will. Master them too first and you should be we on your way.

Experience will do the rest

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
First of all you should forget about the graphs. That ain't gonna win you money on the poker table. Patience and discipline will. Master them too first and you should be we on your way.

Experience will do the rest
with that wins, in this period of time, what do u think that i need to do? u all sayin like "just play", ok, I'm not afraid of play, but if knew how to do it or perfor better my game will be a responsible posture. Some tips ?

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
I seriously want a carreer on poker, and i'm really exited because with 1 year of effo, on free stuff yt, I got some good place's on mtt mode,playing on 888poker, 1$ buy-in. In my country, the minimum wage is 189$. At least, i want make it or, of course, even more,every month. What i need to do to be my own boss ? review more the free stuff ? (jonathan little,felipe carmanhani), or a need make some invest in courses? (raise your edge,pokercoaching), or just pay some good player with good graph, to tell me what im doing wrong ?(I promisse to myself get better and do not have anymore a C game graph. Its tough sometimes, but I'm gettin better.) This wins are since september.View attachment 319066
JUST REMEMBER 1 IMPORTANT THING.
Only about 10% or even less of all pokerplayers are winning players on the long run.
But imho I think $189 a month is achievable just by grinding every day and study your own hands how you've played them.
Gl at the tables.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are aiming to win $200 a month it's certainly possible. I would suggest cash tables for lower variance, start out at the lowest stake then move up when you are consistently beating the stake. You dont need to go that far up the ladder to make the target income, even at 10nl it would be possible with a decent win rate and volume. Plus you can play CC freerolls to boost your winnings.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
with that wins, in this period of time, what do u think that i need to do? u all sayin like "just play", ok, I'm not afraid of play, but if knew how to do it or perfor better my game will be a responsible posture. Some tips ?
Just go out there and play as much poker as you can because nothing beats experience. The more you play, the more you will learn

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
JUST REMEMBER 1 IMPORTANT THING.
Only about 10% or even less of all pokerplayers are winning players on the long run.
But imho I think $189 a month is achievable just by grinding every day and study your own hands how you've played them.
Gl at the tables.
how I study my hand's ? what parameter to see if I play correctly and but had a badbeat ? or inverse ?

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If you are aiming to win $200 a month it's certainly possible. I would suggest cash tables for lower variance, start out at the lowest stake then move up when you are consistently beating the stake. You dont need to go that far up the ladder to make the target income, even at 10nl it would be possible with a decent win rate and volume. Plus you can play CC freerolls to boost your winnings.
how I can beat them ? I watch jonathan little, felipe carmanhani to study mtt. I just have to watch a good cash game player ou buy a course ? or pay someone to analize my games ? I think that everyone tipes on google one day at beginner "how to beat microstakes" , and I think that the results from this seach do not will make me grow up and make that 200$. Im really excited and motivated. If u say : study more gto and feel the field. I will do it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how much bankroll do u think is adequate
As long as you dont rely on withdrawing winnings, then you can use the numbers, I already suggested, which are 100 BIs for MTTs and 50 BIs for SnGs. This is meant as a guideline for, which games you can play without massive swings to the balance in your poker account. Like if you have $650 you can play up to $5.5 MTTs and $10 STTs. The next limit on PS would be $7.5MTTs and $25 STTs, and for that you need $750 and $1.250 respectively. If you drop to $480, now you can only play up to $4.4 MTTs and $5 STTs. And so on and so forth.
and what i need to study?
The game in general. Watch training videos, read books etc.
or just pratice on the field and study my own games?
Yes that also. Get PT4, when you can afford it, and start collecting and analysing your hands.

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
Move to Cambodia, where average salaries are around 150 to 175 USD, live on playing freerolls Bon voyage :)

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Guys, thank you all for the time to wrote this gold words to me. I hope u all have a GL on the tabbles. God is everywhere. I followed u all, to just show after my grow up. for real, thank you.

Last edited:
C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
8 mounth's ago, i asked in another forum a thing like this, got some tips, and move up. Lets do it again SKRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Only playing is not the best way for developing. Its cool if someone with experience can analyze your game and give advice or show yours mistakes

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Only playing is not the best way for developing. Its cool if someone with experience can analyze your game and give advice or show yours mistakes
I go exactly on that way first. I alredy study a lot the basis + 1 year playing.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
how I can beat them ? I watch jonathan little, felipe carmanhani to study mtt. I just have to watch a good cash game player ou buy a course ? or pay someone to analize my games ? I think that everyone tipes on google one day at beginner "how to beat microstakes" , and I think that the results from this seach do not will make me grow up and make that 200$. Im really excited and motivated. If u say : study more gto and feel the field. I will do it.
I dont think it's necessary to buy a course as there is so much great free content out there like jonathan little who you mentioned. I would suggest starting at the lowest stake and keep working on your game from content and reviewing hands (e.g. you can post on the forum), once you are beating 2NL consistently, move up to 5NL, then 10NL etc. You need to make sure you have a good win rate 10bb or more per 100 and of course have enough bankroll. In terms of strategy TAG tends to work best, trying to get paid off on your value hands and not bluffing too often. It's also really important to table select well, I.e. find the fish who are you are going to make the money from!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get yourself to a point where you are confident your style of play is better than average and can provide consistent results.

Then, trust the process and watch the BR grow. :)

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I dont think it's necessary to buy a course as there is so much great free content out there like jonathan little who you mentioned. I would suggest starting at the lowest stake and keep working on your game from content and reviewing hands (e.g. you can post on the forum), once you are beating 2NL consistently, move up to 5NL, then 10NL etc. You need to make sure you have a good win rate 10bb or more per 100 and of course have enough bankroll. In terms of strategy TAG tends to work best, trying to get paid off on your value hands and not bluffing too often. It's also really important to table select well, I.e. find the fish who are you are going to make the money from!
Do u think that's good at least pay someone to analize my games? I think that if I'm learning and gettin exp, I'm not alowed to analyze my own game. I dont have the knowlegde to do this. Make sense ? thank you

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Get yourself to a point where you are confident your style of play is better than average and can provide consistent results.

Then, trust the process and watch the BR grow. :)
Pay someone to analize my games will make the process more quick ? I'm realy confident to play mtt or cash, but I'm not making that 200$. And I'm pretty sure that I dont have the knowlegde to analyze my games, do u agree ? if not, how can i analyze ? thank you

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Respect the process, start from the bottom and be constant. Evolution comes with time, if after that you are mentally prepared, because downswing will occur, and it will be at that moment that you will really understand if this is the right profession for you.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the biggest thing is just to keep playing and putting in the volume, learning just how many games you can play in a day while still playing your best possible poker.

But about making poker a career, in my opinion you need to learn enough about the game to know what you are talking about, get a few good wins in and then start looking for other people to stake your play, then consider trying to create your own content and work up to relying on others to bankroll you on a regular basis for bigger games - both online and live.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Keep it simple. Forget your charts. Just track your tournament progress

Start off at the beginning of January. Pick the same tournaments every week and by end of the month review it.

fadred719

fadred719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
I seriously want a carreer on poker, and i'm really exited because with 1 year of effo, on free stuff yt, I got some good place's on mtt mode,playing on 888poker, 1$ buy-in. In my country, the minimum wage is 189$. At least, i want make it or, of course, even more,every month. What i need to do to be my own boss ? review more the free stuff ? (jonathan little,felipe carmanhani), or a need make some invest in courses? (raise your edge,pokercoaching), or just pay some good player with good graph, to tell me what im doing wrong ?(I promisse to myself get better and do not have anymore a C game graph. Its tough sometimes, but I'm gettin better.) This wins are since september.View attachment 319066
  • If you are ready to devote a lot of time to poker, and you like to play poker, then you should consider joining the poker fund, where you will be given knowledge, as well as a bankroll for playing poker and systematize your game

C

callmebuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
  • If you are ready to devote a lot of time to poker, and you like to play poker, then you should consider joining the poker fund, where you will be given knowledge, as well as a bankroll for playing poker and systematize your game
"poker fund" u mean a team ?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pay someone to analize my games will make the process more quick ? I'm realy confident to play mtt or cash, but I'm not making that 200$. And I'm pretty sure that I dont have the knowlegde to analyze my games, do u agree ? if not, how can i analyze ? thank you
Sort of. Having another person analyze your game and discuss it with you will certainly help you see blind spots in your game, but then it is still on you to really think about those areas and change them (ingrain them!). This is why even in an age where there is practically unlimited content on poker theory, most players lose (they don't apply the knowledge they "learned").

A good first step would be to look at your hand history and post the last hand of a bunch of your MTTs (the hand that knocks you out) into our Tournament Hand Analysis forum: Tournament Hand Analysis

By doing this, you will start to get a better idea of when you make a mistake vs just losing the game to chance. Really dig deep in this practice and your game will vastly improve. ;)