how to deal with connection problems?

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens sometimes. We've all been there.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I worry about this a lot as well. I live in a more rural part of canada and the internet is easy come easy go sometimes, especially when the weather is bad. I try to stick to smaller stakes, especially when I know that the internet going could be a factor. By not going over what the bankroll allows, I don't get to rattled if I lose one tournament buy in.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my internet failed at the end of a tournament I played, I had to restart the modem and lost approximately 10 hands...

what are you doing?:confused:
I had this problem a couple of times
Simply sequel the game on the phone :)

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too. I had to have 2 types of connection. I have a fiber optics broadband and a cell dongle in case one of them goes away. it happens and its not under our control. we need to get alternatives.

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it happens to me, it remains only to try not to be nervous. I heard that pros have devices for such cases, the so-called "trouble-free". And for the internet just in case the flash drive with another internet.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take it philosophically and think about changing the ISP

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing to handle if it drops it drops. Accept it and move one.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just move on ;) it`s online poker :) things like this happens.. and you are not the only one out there .

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. When I play poker I stop all downloads. I do not like problems with the internet during the game, because it's nervous, and does not allow you to concentrate on the game.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My internet connection when down and lost 2 tourneys. I was the chip leader in both.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Profanity just flows out of my month, I can't even control it, It is like I am possessed.

The worst disconnection for me is when I had 2P on the flop and improved to a FH on the turn, and I went to check and the internet disconnects and doesn't return until I folded to a bet on the river :( :( :( :( :( :( That tilted me for the remainder of the game, I was calling TalkTalk all the names under the sun, and not any of them nice :mad:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The two internet connection problems that I've had in the past were both related to issues with my own router. I was playing on my tablet using WiFi so I stopped playing on my tablet and switched to my computer with a wired connection. My router is located in the basement of our house and I'm on the next floor up, so I need it to be pretty powerful for using WiFi. In the end I got a new, much stronger router that fixed all of the issues that I was having.

Last edited:
N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to think about that before the game for sure. Because, of course, no one will wait for you at the final table, people will be glad to steal your blinds as long,as you have been disconnected. So, if this is a freeroll game and you have weak connection, that,s ok, you can play it, but if you want to play for example tournament with 215$ buy-in, better just not to do it, until your connection problems will be fixed.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I go through that situation every day since my internet is not very powerful and is also shared by several people in the house which makes it even slower, in addition to this the modem usually collapses and you have to restart it every so often. The last time I happened something curious was yesterday precisely while playing with a pair of 8 and on the flop I got the set of 8, there the connection was precise, but luckily I still had a bank of time that allowed me to reconnect and win hand. But it is a pure headache especially when you have worked in places where you use high-speed fiber optic. I do not recommend anyone to play very high buy-in tournaments because it can cost you a lot or even lose it without playing.

A

Adr0it

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep the mobile ready and updated with the latest App version if available eg :pokerstars has one.

you can always quickly log in via your phone using 3 or 4g depending upon availability and pick up from where you left. you might lose one or two hand instead of multiple hands as mentioned in many posts

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depenndign on the platfrom ,you can switch from desktop to mobile, in order not to loose a lot of time. For pokerstars it works, just use your mobile data to reconnect fast

A

arrgggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate when you get logged off(

8CrazyEights8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After I installed the software for real money on the cell phone I only make two clicks the transition from the internet of the carrier for the wi-fi or for cable internet of the computer, so I have three options of internet.

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have downloaded PS on my phone with phone internet . thats nice to have :D

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have my phone as back incase i loose internet.

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often find using ethernet to be a lot more effective then using wifi. Sometimes if the wireless router loses connection, I plug in ethernet and get connected a whole lot faster.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I sometimes stay offline, the only thing you can do is connect back to the internet and continue playing :)

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man, thats something that make me reeeally nervous! hahahaI just try to dont tilt ;/

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually panic and try to troubleshoot as fast as possible. My Laptop has been reliable thus far.