thank you for all your feed back.

:thrasher:

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many players, if i saw them in the street, would hit and run with my car.

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol thank you for your feed back i guessing that solves number one

F

fishfood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the world of internet poker the hit and run can be used very effectively. Is it polite? Some would say no but I say ... Are you here to be polite or are you here to make money? If I sit at a limit game and double my buy in in 1 round then I leave. I have made much more than I should have made in that time and the odds are bound to catch up to me. I also leave a table if I lose one full buy in. In my opinion they balance out. Nobody is upset when I leave after losing a full buy in...they think it is fine....but If I win a full buy in and leave then I am a rude, horrid, hack. I say too bad for you.:musicus:

XXIII

XXIII

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play until the cards run cold. If thats winning 3 hands and losing 2 then leaving? So be it. You gotta play in your comfort level.

Now if you join a table go all in with jack and win then leave I think its kinda lame.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they quoted chris ferguson as saying in his bankroll management rules ,that he never plays with more than 5% of his bankroll and when the money at the table represents 10% of his bankroll he leaves.

I see MOST of the people at the lower limits leave quick after a good hit, and I do the same, if I'M two or three times my buy in , I'm gone soon after . lol.

BUT ,the good players who reload after every blind would probably NEVER do that , because then they have the chance to bet and make way more money with the large stack. :)

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:thrasher:thank you guys for your feedback still looking for more

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been keeping records on pokerstars when I play S&G tournaments just by putting a symbol in the notes of every player in the tournament whether I sit with them or not (gives me something to do for the minute between seating and start). I almost NEVER see a person I have played with before in a 27 seat tournament. I have played a lot of tournaments. I think you should not worry what somebody else thinks because you are not likely to see them again. There are a LOT of poker players in the world. Now, donkey play in a CC tournament is something else to be avoided at all cost. :icon_porc

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello i have a few questions about hit and runs and about them

1. are they avoided players - How can anyone avoid a hit and run player unless someone has a note on the specific player. But they are not well liked IMO.
2. is this considered not playing correct - Yes IMO, Hit and run players are really not playing poker, they are just gambling.
3. what percent of your bank roll should be used when doing hit and runs - As it was mentioned before, only about 5%.
4. is this good when you are playing micro limits such as 0.5/0.10 - Doesn't really matter, all depends on how skilled of a poker player you are.
5. when you hit and run is it heads up or against many players - I don't hit and run but I would say it would be more profitable against many players.

thank you for all your feed back.

:thrasher:
I would like to ask, Why would you hit and run?
The following may sound harsh but its how I feel.
If the answer to my question is "To make money", I would have to say BS, you could make more money playing MTTs unless your lacking the vital poker skills needed to be a winning poker player: Disipline and patience(IMO).
I personally look down on hit and run players, and when I do meet one at a table, I follow that player around and try to bust him before he moves on, and the sweetest thing about hit and run players is most do not pay attention to other player names, so it makes it real easy to bust them with a good hand because they don't have a read on me.:D

Sorry, that's what I think.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm wondering why you would want to hit and run on a regular basis as well - if the table has a maximum buy-in and you get yourself above that, surely your stack size gives you an advantage over the other players at the table and any new ones that sit down?

It doesn't say a great deal about your faith in your own ability to play either if you can't trust yourself with a big stack for a couple more rounds.

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm not saying i do i'm just wondering what other people think about people who do hit and run and more information about hit and runs.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can think the only reason you would want to "hit and run" is in low buy ins, playing no limit. From past experience I'd say it's fairly hard to tell whether someone does a hit and run unless your playing higher buy-ins, and a hit and run committed is most probably based on a survival/gambling strategy. You essentially can't play a normal game, in my view, as a starting bankroll, attempting to work your way solely on rings. You're not coming to a table with the max amount allowed when entering. The blinds will eat you alive and your only goal is to basically double or triple up before you leave. You would sit at a table for a blind or two and before it came around for maybe the 3rd time, depending on the table, you'd leave. If you happen to get a pair in the hole, or even decent cards on the flop, you're more than likely going to be pushed into going all-in by the big stack who has ten times your stack and thinks can push you around. If you did win the rake just took a large percentage of your pot. Attempting to bring 5% of your bankroll and triple it in micro tables IS essentially gambling. This is why playing micro-buy-in rings is a very hard profit. That's my view. . . You can of course tell from this that I don't play rings, but if I did it would be at higher buy-ins with a healthy bankroll...and I obviously don't endorse attempting to make money at micro tables buy hitting and running. Buying into a table as the big stack and attempting to dominate the others, seeing that you'd have more chances to get your money back if you lost hands would be a better bet. Not that it would be worth it anyway, since it's forcing your opponents to take shots, hitnrun, then with the rake, forget it.