Have you gone from 0 to thousands playing online poker?

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO I've heard about Pros like Chris Ferguson turning nothing into thousands of dollars, was just curious if anyone here has any crazy success stories starting from the bottom?

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 3

I Think there are people who as you say climbed from the Nool played at the top of the freerolls and participated in various promotions I kwho many times participated in many tournaments _boot and won two hundred dollars I withdrew them and other people took advantage of the Eimi money on Another here's an example of nothing two hundred dollars well who won the 1000 draw is held on 5000

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, I won $109 in Cash from $1, although before that it was 0, for one day. I think this is a great result. I do not seek to preserve the bankroll, I play freely. Thank you!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing freerolls and then microlimits and reached $ 1400 !!! This is the maximum amount that I had in my pokerstars account !!!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still very far from such accomplishment but i earned few bucks from zero. I hope for more in future.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing for free with no deposit bonuses when they were still offered for many rooms. I rarely deposit own money, approximately only 250$ in several years when cool bonuses or promotions required a deposit. I cashed out about $3000 so far... Mostly from MTTs when I made it to the final table and won a few hundred dollars at once...

So technically I have gone from 0 to thousands, but I guess you were looking for people who made it a lot faster...

But around 2008, when online poker was really booming I made around 70K by referring players to poker sites as an affiliate.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best I've done is going all the way to 100 dollars, getting my funds from freerolls. That's why I value freerolls so much, it gives an opportunity to play money poker without actually investing money.

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played the micro tournaments and gone where i won one of those for $1600 then i turned around and used a lot of that to bankroll myself. So far I have a profit of about $5000 in the last year or so but its been insanely frustrating and there have been a lot of ups and downs and bad beats at times when I thought I would win a lot lot more. I'm hoping to break through though and win some bigger tourneys the next couple of years. My most recent big win was in the Sunday Storm $11 buy in. I came in 7th place and ended up winning $1600 in that one too, but that was another one of those situations where i probably should have made no less than 3k and i was kicking myself with the way i busted.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I started with freerolls in Pokerstars School and I reached +1000$. And I did twice, the other day I won two freerolls and I won a ticket for Million Dollar Sunday and I cashed 1000$.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cool topic, i always like to hear when people win money :) i myself have no such stories :p but thats my goal actually, i dont want to pay in anything so im starting from scratch :)

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of players in this forum who are working on such tasks. And some who have surpassed it. I see a lot of players from here building nice bank rolls from nothing and playing solid poker which has inspired me to do the same.
I turned 2$ into 6k on FTP once but i made a 50$ deposit so it don't count as 1000's from nothing.
I am currently around 80$ BR from nothing on ACR. I don't always play but i do see other players from this forum showing a legit $1400+ profit from nothing on sharkscope. It's really impressive and 100% possible. GL brother.

glafef

glafef

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not sure. i have gone from putting in 20$ to 8k$ once.

R

rickygstar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in 2007 i made over 5000$ from a 25$ deposit on PKR.com i think i was on my A game at that time i have just started back playing online poker so im starting from 0$ I WILL keep you informed with my progress

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raised my bankroll several times from zero to $ 100-200 but I couldn’t save or increase success for a long time, I played for fun and could load all the money into tournaments in one session!

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's what I always do during past 3-4 years.
but i'm playing poker during my work hours, as a relaxing hobby... drawing things and playing couple of tables at the same time.

in 2016 i hit Eur2K in 4 months starting from 0 at iPoker, freerolls-tickets, got a bankroll boost by winning 1K grtd 1eur buy-in, was $220, then started to play cash 6-9 tables and moved up to playing 9 tables at NL20. Made another Eur300 during rest of the year after the cashout...
in 2017 repeated it at iPoker, but made cashouts at Eur500 and Eur800 plus won something inbetween 200-300 at PS and some more at other networks.
in 2018 won $500 at PS and total Eur1600 at iPoker + several hundreds from other networks.
in 2019 currently cashed out $250 from ACR, approx $200 from SB or BoL, Eur500 from iPoker, and approx $150 from Party.

So far i'm investing all poker winnings and buying parts for new machines and devices that i create and that's why i'm withdrawing so early without making a move to higher limits. I don't want to take poker seriously, and that's what you have to do at high limits. I got much more interesting things to do and these things require my concentrations and that's why I don't want to be tilted because of bad beats or big wins.

I've found out that I have to block my stats for sites where i'm playing at most of the poker tracking sites, cause my ROI looks really dangerous comparing to average players... for example my partypoker stats:
https://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/PartyPoker/players/f1shark
ROI has falled down at PartyPoker because I've lost with $22 ticket that I've got from CC freeroll.
was 2900% at ACR before I've blocked it :) and close to 1000% at couple more sites.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are interesting stories that I hope I can replicate in time as I continue getting more and more poker experience and enjoy playing the freerolls, promotions, and microstakes online. :)

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never

I have never done that before but I would like to do that. Actually is one of my poker goals and I gonna achieve it. I always set new poker goals and I think about that and I also think about what I want to achieve and I just try to do my best and achieve my goals, make my dreams come true.

Study hard, practice and dream big and you could accomplish all your goals goal

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get out of the 0 for an amount of $ 700 including all the poker sites, this without making any deposit! And I was happy to participate in a $ 215 buy-in tournament !!

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i made 30 dollar profit from a lot of freerolls

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've already made a good amount of poker and started playing freerolls, but it's not such a huge amount.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
from 0 no but yes from 15, my best achievement is a 1250 cash in a 3.30 tournament in wich ive played for 9 hours.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thomas “Boku87” Bohoff, a famous player on PokerStars in 2010 turned $ 5 into $ 100,000 in 10 months! I watched his game - it was cool.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO I've heard about Pros like Chris Ferguson turning nothing into thousands of dollars, was just curious if anyone here has any crazy success stories starting from the bottom?

No crazy success story from me, it’s just a case of playing and working hard to improve my game. I started off with $25 built it up playing Micro Stakes (1/2 cent) on Pokerstars and then took it from there!

I think crazy success stories are rare as I think you’ll need a lot of luck to make mega £££/$$$ fast!

And those who have, probably haven’t had much luck apart from that lucky win!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've found out that I have to block my stats for sites where i'm playing at most of the poker tracking sites, cause my ROI looks really dangerous comparing to average players... for example my Partypoker stats:
https://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/PartyPoker/players/f1shark
ROI has falled down at PartyPoker because I've lost with $22 ticket that I've got from CC freeroll.
was 2900% at ACR before I've blocked it :) and close to 1000% at couple more sites.

LOL
So do you figure the average players are going to be looking up your stats.? And if so, is it going to intimidate them or have them play differently vs. you? If so, in what way(s)?