Have you ever had something that just doesn't work?

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Have you ever had something that just doesn't work? you play with a good hand, you try to do everything right and you just get run over by worthless hands

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Awards
Have you ever had something that just doesn't work? you play with a good hand, you try to do everything right and you just get run over by worthless hands
Happens often when playing online. You just need to wait out when the "random" algorithm changes, always does sooner or later.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast

I actually find the lowest stakes a little frustrating for this exact reason. However mathematically and some people don't want to hear this.....your pocket kings are only a 19% favorite to win against aces. If you flop an open ended straight you have about a 35% chance of hitting it. What this also means is even if you have pocket aces and you go all in with a guy who has J10o... and the flop is A Q 9 rainbow....even though you have a set of aces (1 in 212 odds of being dealt) you still have about a 35% chance of losing the pot to a guy that before the turn has absolute air.

Always try to remember things like this. I lost almost 1400 BB's yesterday in a matter of 80 hands. I missed I believe 6 All ins where I was wildly favorited and just other hands in there. Blew up all my winnings from the last 2 ish weeks in 80 hands. It happens. That's poker.

A

alien666dj

Legend
If something doesn’t work for me, it means I made a mistake somewhere, incorrectly assessed the situation and underestimated my opponent, and therefore overestimated myself.